Heresy I or Heresy II with Cornwalls

Tom Adams

Anyone care to offer an opinion about how Heresy I's or Heresy II's match up with Cornwalls? Or does it really matter?

I'm buying a single Heresy II to use as a center channel and my mains are Cornwalls. I'm just wondering if the Heresy II be ok or should I be looking for a Heresy I??

Thanks! 1.gif

Tom Adams

I think it would depend on what year your cornwalls are.

The heresyII have a 1.5" diaphragm compression driver for the midrange instead of the 2" diaphragm in the Original heresy.

I would think this would have an effect on the timbre throughout the midrange.

I think you would want to get the model that had similar to whatever your cornwalls have.

Just my $0.02

Peace, Josh

I think the differences between the two are negligible, when operating in an HT environment I honestly don't think the differences would impact you much if at all. I use my Heresy II's along with La Scala's in the back and Khorns in the front and don't notice any difference in timbre at all. I honestly think the Heresy II would be a better choice since I think it is a little more refined by having all the drivers flush mounted and I think they have a slight improvement in bass response over the original. Either one would work well. Talked Fini into parting with it did you, well that is awful nice of the ole' boy to hook you up like that.

Hey Frzn...

How'd you know I was getting that single Heresy from fini??

My ged - is nothing sacred on this board?? 2.gif

And yes...fini is being very gracious. Unlike those low-life sons-a-guns that out bid me on eBay. 7.gif

Oh - and thanks for the replies/opinions guys. 1.gif

Tom Adams

Tom... truely personal taste...BUT.....the Timbre...how it matches the other speakers... I think you will find the test A vs B "listen to it" better on the older Heresy I's. Thats usually why on Ebay they go higher with people looking to match with La Scalas, Corns or K horns as GREAT surrounds.. My 2 cents..

Especially if your cornwall is a Cornwall I

My Cornwalls are the vertical horn models.

I have a pair of Heresy I's so I'll be able to do the A/B comparison once fini finds enough gym socks to pack that single Heresy in (sorry - inside joke) and ships it to me.

My goal was to have all Heresy I's for side & rear surrounds and center. But looks like I might make do with a Heresy II for center.

As for the prices on eBay....while I truly love Klipsch speakers (have had my Heresys since 1979), I think the price people are paying is a bit over-inflated. Oh well...all good things come to those who wait. 1.gif

Tom