Altec Fanatic

garymd

You should see the horns in his garage! LOL I can't seem to get that one uploaded. After 5 minutes I gave up. I don't think he sells em cheap and I haven't heard these yet. He was impressed with the scott and corwalls when he was over the other night. I took that as a great compliment coming from someone with his setup. I'll have him let me know next time he has some up for sale.

----------------

On 6/25/2003 10:46:41 PM garymd wrote:

Finally got it to work (I think). Scotts garage (at least part of it). Actually, it may be another of what's inside. Looked bigger at first.

----------------

Here you go. Resized and formatted to best fit this screen. 3.gif

altec1.jpg

altec2.jpg

----------------

On 6/25/2003 10:12:07 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

27" TV. 30" horns. Priorities perfectly aligned, IMO.

----------------

I don't think he's into HT at all. Probably 2-channel only, although I don't know what those are under his tv. Anybody recognize those. I emailed him regarding them but haven't heard back. He's big into tubes though. He's the one who loaned me my first tube amp a while back but I didn't have a preamp to hook it up to.

Thanks for the re-sizing Justin.

----------------

On 6/26/2003 9:47:19 AM Q-Man wrote:

Tell your friend that if he has any 290-16K drivers that I'm interested. Also any 311-90 horns.

If he wants I have some 288-16K drivers and 805-B horns that I might let go.

----------------

I'll pass it on.

----------------

On 6/26/2003 9:47:19 AM Q-Man wrote:

Tell your friend that if he has any 290-16K drivers that I'm interested. Also any 311-90 horns.

If he wants I have some 288-16K drivers and 805-B horns that I might let go.

----------------

Q-man,

This is the response I got from Scott:

Gary,

I do have 311-90,s but they are keepers. Its a very nice horn. I dont have any 290s, he must have / want a 3 way system, shame on him. One or two way systems are the way go. Less altering of the signal I say.

The bottom speaks are my center channel, but right now its a work in progress. Im upgrading the center speakers. I really only have a two speaker system + the center speakers hooked up to the TV. With the Altecs thats all you really need:)

Gotta go !!!

Don't bother opening the picture, it didn't come out very well. I'll do it again.

Yes, shame on me. It's a three way system with a Klipschorn bottom. It has to be a threeway with the Klipschorn, you have to cross it over at 400 Hz.max. The bass horn starts dropping ay 300 Hz. That is why the 311-90 and 290 work so well with it. The 311 is a 300Hz horn and the 290 is a 300Hz driver. He is right about the 311, it's the best sounding horn that I've heard so far.

post-2405-13819248221748_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/26/2003 5:14:08 PM Q-Man wrote:

Don't bother opening the picture, it didn't come out very well. I'll do it again.

Yes, shame on me. It's a three way system with a Klipschorn bottom. It has to be a threeway with the Klipschorn, you have to cross it over at 400 Hz.max. The bass horn starts dropping ay 300 Hz. That is why the 311-90 and 290 work so well with it. The 311 is a 300Hz horn and the 290 is a 300Hz driver. He is right about the 311, it's the best sounding horn that I've heard so far.

----------------

Hey. I'm just the middleman here. I'm sure if he knew what you were doing he would have revised his reply. I was just passing on info. That's got to be one killer speaker though!

Peace, Gary