RF-5 to RF-7??

jinjin

Go listen to them and see. For me, the RF-5s were "enough." You barely gain any bass benefit by going up to the RF-7 but some people say they have a much different sound than the 5s. YMMV, go audition them with a recording you're very familiar with.

Also, make sure they have the RF-5s there to compare. Everything sounds different in the store. Also, if you like them and you have the room and the right receiver you can always move your RF5s to the rear and the RS7s to the sides. That would be awesome. 1.gif

"Not even comparable to the RF-3, but still noticeable from the RF-5."

There is much more...

The RF7's have a much greater kick compared to both the RF3's and RF5's(I have RF5's too),RF7's have superior true compression tweeters(better clarity and detail,the RF7 tweeter also covers a wider range).

Side by side with quality amplification the RF7's can really bring a live concert home,the RF5's are simply not capable of this level of performance.

Dual 10" woofers can move more air with less travel then the dual 8" woofers,this also means LOWER DISTORTION.

In resume,the RF7's have deeper bass,good deal more slam,inceased midrange clarity and more detailed upper regisers.All in all a speaker that is CLEARLY superior.

Get RF7's,its a BIG step up in class and sonic realism

Oh my god the difference is enormous! I've listened to the RF-3II's, RF-35s, RF-5's and RF-7's all side by side, running off the same reciever. The RF-7's are so much fuller, richer, and filling than the RF-5s. In fact, the best word I can describe the 5's compared to the 7's are - "hollow." Not to bash the 5's in ANY WAY whatsoever, my point is simply to exemplify how outstanding the 7's are sonically. In fact, like many have posted in previous threads, many who own the RF-3IIs or RF-35s were advised to save up to go with the RF-7's, because they were so much more gratifying than the 5's.

I suggest the RF-7s because they are, hands down, the best sounding speakers I've ever owned and will definately be worth the upgrade. The cost will pay off in spades.