My home theatre

dachuckster

----------------

On 7/11/2003 10:55:54 AM amonteiro wrote:

looks awesome...but shouldn't those RF-7's be toed in?

----------------

Steve P from Klipsch was mentioning during the Klipsch visit that he is getting better sound from the RF7's NOT toeing them in.

You may want to ask him to elaborate.

JM

I have rf-3's and have them toed in a lot. Maybe I'll play around with them this weekend and see if they sound better facing straight forward or not. Right now they are toed in at about a 45 degree angle to point at the middle of the couch used for viewing. So basically both speakers point directly at the person sitting in the middile of the seating area.

• Klipsch Employees

Center to center for each RF-7, 10 feet. Seating is 11 feet back. The couch is 7 feet to each arm. The right 7 is pointed at the right couch are and the left 7 to the left.

This opens up the sound stage and to me is perfect.

This is coming from a Klipschorn owner.

By the way, my K-Horns are still at work, going through the AK-4 upgrade.

How did I like the RF-7's? A lot. They are 18" from the back wall and the bass is amazing, no sub needed with 2 channel.

If I didn't own Klipschorns with a La Scala center, I would have the RF-7, RC-7 combo. By the way, not shown in this picture was a RSW-10 sub that was placed between the left RF-7 and the 18" sub on the left side of the pic.

It did an excellent job even with the RF-7's even though it was not corner loaded.

For those that don't know;

Denon 3801 being used as a pre with Aragon 8008x3 driving the mains, center all bi-wired.

KSP-S6 sides, Denon POA-2800 for feed

SC-1 rear center and KTSW 18 prototype

Klipsch does not need power for high volumes, but really comes to new life with 200+ per channel

Steve Phillips

Klisch Tech Support

OK, after doing some research on another thread..........The picture should be below

Steve P

Ref no grills.jpg

post-4254-13819248380136_thumb.jpg

Trey Cannon,

Thanks-really beautiful set up! Awesome....

Steven P.-----

If you're using outlook express or similar email program, right-click on the attachment and choose an option that lets you save it to your hard drive. Save it to a folder where you can find it again. Then, open up your browser, go to Klipsch, compose a new message or reply to one. when the box pops up you'll see an option to upload a picture or file, you have to do that first before typing up your reply or message. It will pop up a box showing you the stuff on your hard drive, navigate to the folder where your saved the pic and double-click on it. Then type in your msg and submit. Nuttin' to it after you do it a few hundred times.

This info was sent to me by a fellow Klipsch member..........

Bill,

That is the exact way I have been attaching JPG.s and for some unknown reason here latley this is what happens when I do that.

Server.MapPath() error 'ASP 0173 : 80004005'

Invalid Path Character

/idealbb/upload/savefile.asp, line 111

An invalid character was specified in the Path parameter for the MapPath method.

Trey posted the picture for me, I seem to have a problem with something I have not yet figured out

Bill,

Didn't mean for you to take it that way.

Just started having this problem a few months ago, so I just don't post pictures 8.gif

I may be having problems with my server.

dachuckster,

you started this post and I got in the middle, sorry.

You have a nice system, enjoy 9.gif

amonteiro,

Toe-in is listner preference, some feel the way you have them sounds great,

Some prefer the way I have them, experiment.

Marksdad (hey, my great father in law is Mark), The CD changer is way to keep all my CDs in one place. More of a storage solution. Neither the wife or I like the big CD holder I have (is it in the picture off on the right-I dont remember?)

Anyway, I do have a Denon DCD1500 (circa 1986?) that is built like a tank. When the basement is done and all is hooked up (along with the B&O turntable) I would like to do an A/B comparison. All in all, I like the CD changer. The sub is on during music, but not too loud. I havnt had any skip yet. Its on the sub for convienence for now.

Trey and Steve, nice set up/picture. Thanks for the advice. I just have been so giddy (like a little kid) with the new set up, I just had to get the picture on there so I can show my friends at work. Its a "Look at what I got!" kind of thing.

I will monkey around with the speaker positioning to see what sounds good. But for now, with a little toe in, I am absolutley thrilled with the sound. My wife laughs when friends are over and I tell them to sit down and listen. They are awed, I am proud, and the wife says I am crazy. Yes, I am crazy for her, I tell her! 9.gif