Super Audio CD's

tillmbil

Amazon has them but they didn't set up the "neighborhood" properly so they're a bit tough to find. In the music section, click on DVD-A in the left column. Once there you'll find a link for SACDs in the center of the page.

TowerRecords.com has a somewhat better section and selection, and perhaps also prices. From their homepage search for "SACD" and it'll get you to the right section. You can then view lists by genre, etc.

You might also try

elusivedisc.com

acousticsounds.com

----------------

On 7/17/2003 4:07:17 PM NOSValves wrote:

Man Tower records list 440 SACD that is more than I thought were even made ! Best Buy is cheaper though but they sure don't have 440 on there shelves here.

----------------

Actually, I think they have over 1000 if you count classical, which are in a different section. They try to keep the rif-raf away from the blue-bloods.

Another vote for elusivedisc.com

A big part of their business is SACD, so they know their stock and what SACDs are, which is more than can be said for some places!

If you get on their email mailing list, you'll get frequent specials like 10% off or free shipping.

They also sell records and record players.

Its amazing that there are so few SACDs available. The sound is out of this world very much like vinyl but without the issues (pops cleaning prissy bs) associated with vinyl. I find mysealf not buying cds/records because I want them on SACD. Check out www.sacdinfo.com for great reviews and updates on whats coming.

Josh

299a NOSValves

1984 Cornwalls

VPI HW 19 jr Audioquest arm Sumiko blue cartridge

Sony scdc222es SACD player

ADCOM line conditioner

Fisher 400

Warfedale W70

Dual 1009

TEAC 3340

Tandberg model 6

http://www.sonymusic.com/sacd/

This link has current & upcoming releases listed. As for Bob Dylan, the only one listed so far is 'Blonde on Blonde' which has stuff like 'Rainy Day Women' & 'I Want You' on it. Stereo only, no multi-channel.

You might also want to look at Telarc. They cover mostly classical, jazz & blues. IMO they have some of the very best recordings available.

http://www.telarc.com/

I don't know if it's available on SACD, but Bob's newer effort, produced by Daniel Lanois is GREAT! I cannot recommend it highly enough. $#!T I can't remember the title!

Ok- "Time Out of Mind"

Lots of live in room recording. Band basically played live with Bob in the corner singing into a U47.

16.gif

15 Bob Dylan titles will be released sometime in September, maybe early October (been delayed a few times for a couple weeks). They will be hybrids, meaning with a CD layer and an SACD layer, and 6 of them will be multi-channel as well. Blonde on Blonde, the only SACD already out, will be one of the multi-channel releases. The best guys in the business are working with the best equipment and the best source tapes--should be great.

There will be a huge amount of press coverage of these at release time.