Tuner ideas requested...

I own a Kenwood KT-600T and my father owns a Sansui TU919.

They are both great tuners and sound much better than most digitl tuners.

My father also ownes a Scott 4310 tube tuner and an Audiolab 8000T.

We both prefer the tubed Scott over the others with the Kenwood and Sansui running second.

I have owned a legendary Marantz 10B but decided to sell it and keep the Kenwood, which was not far behind.

The Tuner Info website was very helpful to me. One thing I picked up by reading some of the content there (and it's Yahoo Groups sister site) was not all like tuners perform the same for different people in different locations. I've tried a Magnum Dynalab, Kenwood 600T, Pioneer 9500, Marantz 5130, Sansui TU919, Accuphase T-101 and Sony 5000FW(2). The Accuphase and Sony work the best in my location. Due to local CC&R's, I cannot have an outside antenna but, a $10.00 Home Depot set of TV rabbit ears are working great.

BTW, in the area I live there is a monthly electronics swap meet where I picked up all except 2 of the above tuners for between $5-$50.

Chris

a really great tuner that is sometimes is overlooked is almost any tuner from the old carver line....

a patented tuner circuitry that really pulls in the distant stations... (i have a carver receiver up north at the cabin here in minnesota with that tuner circuitry....works great!!!!)

look on ebay for carver tuners.....