Selling Items Etiquette

dodger

Good Day:

Please be assured that any items I may have to sell or may have offered are offered to members of the Forum first.

After about 5 - 7 days if I have not worked something out with a Member, I may put it on eBay or another place of selling.

On eBay, as we know, it is an auction.

On another selling forum, if it is a fixed price, I will honor that and sell. I will not then put it for Auction.

That may not win me popularity contests. But, I do offer to Forum Members on the Forum board first and foremost.

It may take me a couple of days to reply (even to an acceptable offer,) but I try.

I have learned much here, made some mistakes, but we are all in this together. To improve our systems, to post sometimes what seems absurd to some and have made friends I have not made in person.

I wished to clarify the way in which I offer any equipment. I also wished to put some things to rest, so that Members may feel comfortable.

Win dodger

Should we discuss 'buying' etiquette as well? You know, people who say they will buy something from you, but never follow through, or email with an update, or offer any kind of explanation as to why they made the offer but didn't follow through. You know, stuff like that.

----------------

On 7/29/2003 11:48:59 AM DeanG wrote:

Should we discuss 'buying' etiquette as well? You know, people who say they will buy something from you, but never follow through, or email with an update, or offer any kind of explanation as to why they made the offer but didn't follow through. You know, stuff like that.

----------------

Hello:

With you and Leok, those are major mistakes/lack of etiquette and courtesy I have made. Any apology sounds hollow and contrite, but I apologize to the both of you for not following through in buying equipment I stated I would, then did not with no stated reason.

Win dodger

----------------

On 7/29/2003 11:48:59 AM DeanG wrote:

----------------

Hello:

With you and Leok, those are major mistakes/lack of etiquette and courtesy I have made. Any apology sounds hollow and contrite, but I apologize to the both of you for not following through in buying equipment I stated I would, then did not with no stated reason.

Both of you have been more than kind and I thank you both for that. Those have been two (2) of my major learning lessons.

Win dodger

Dean,

please let me know if I just have rabbit ears, but I hope that comment wasn't directed at me6.gif If you haven't received my check, let me know and I will Fedex a cashier's tomorrow. I mailed Dee's the same night and I pick up his 299c tomorrow.

I got the new-to-me khorns set up tonight and was running them on the opposite wall from the belles with the HK630; my two friends were freaking that a $30 receiver could sound better than any concert they have ever attended. I'll need about four days to get enough listening time to write up a review...

however

my friend Matt went to use the office. He was on the throne and told his friend, "XXX, I am sitting on Sir John listening to the most incredible speakers I have ever heard, even with the door shut." Maybe it's the maple veneer door that does the magic

12.gif

Thanks,

Dave

Boy, have I got a damn good one fer ye. I bought an item from a seller on E-Bay. Mailed A PO money order promptly (as I always do) and waited 2 weeks. No hear nuthin. E-mail the clown to ask if said clown received my payment. He wanted me to prove to him that I had mailed a MO to him.

I can't wait to post feedback.

Keith

Always use a Postal Money Order. If they cash it and don't send you anything -- it's Postal Fraud. Then you can send them a nice email telling them they're about to be charged with a Felony.

No Dave, not directed at you. I got the check Monday afternoon and dropped it in the bank yesterday. I'm printing labels out later today and should get tracking numbers for you this afternoon. Those babies are going out tonight.