ALK Crossovers on Audiogon

joshnich

There was a pair of brand new ALK crossovers for cornwalls that just sold on Audiogon. I am curious if someone on the forum bought them (or was the seller). I sent the seller a number of emails but never got a response next thing I see is SOLD on the listing. Anyway if someone on the forum did buy them, I would be interested in their impressions. Building a set is a project that I might undertake at some point.

Thanks

Josh Nichol

Scott 299a NosValves

Klipsch Cornwalls 1984

Klipsch Cornwalls 1977

Fisher 400

Sony scd222es SACD

VPI HW-19jr w/ audioquest PT9 arm and Sumiko Blue Point

Tandberg model 6 Reel to Reel

Teac 2340 Reel to Reel

Warfedale W-70s

Dual 1009 w/Shure V-15

He must have some bucks! For what he paid for those nice crossovers he could have bought another pair of Heresy's! I would love to have them in my Khorns and La Scala's, but I just can't justify the cost as compared to what I paid for the speakers. Anyone looking to part with some AK-3's for my Khorns or a set of used ALK's for my La Scala's please let me know.

Frzninvt:

For your interest the ALK networks for Khorns/LaScallas are different than the ones for the Cornwalls/Herseys. The Cornwall and Heresy networks are very similar to each other, but differ only in the value of one resistor and tap settings.

So you couldn't have used this network in your Khorns/LaScallas.

Don

Dflip, I realize that I cannot use the ALK Type "B" crossover I had no interest in purchasing them. I am more interested in Al's "AA" crossover replacment for the Khorn, Belle, or La Scala. I may just change the couple of my components in the AK-2 to upgrade it to an AK-3 and leave the three "AA"'s in the La Scala's alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Al; I spoke with you a couple days ago regarding Crossovers for a pair of Cornwalls, 1967 and 1968 vintage. Well, I was depressed to find out that you no longer manufactured them.

Anyway, I am happy you offer the design schematic and parts list (with suppliers to boot)for the do it yourselfers. I going to give it try and build a pair for my 68's.

If you have any recommendations on possible commponent alternatives (due to technological advances)please let me know before I start ordering parts.