6sn7 feedback

AnalOg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, is the Rogue just a linestage, or does it also have a phono section? Headphone?

I honestly don't know what to tell you because I don't know how the 6SN7's are set up in the Rogue. I would imagine they are paired off, but I can't be sure. Your best bet is to contact Rogue and ask. Isn't there something in the manual about it?

Youve gotten good recommendations thus far. Dont overlook the VT-231 tube types. Those made by Tung-Sol, Raytheon, Ken-Rad, Sylvania and National Union are exceptional options, and most are available in Black Plate versions too. A extremely good tube for amplifier use. Do give careful consideration to the varying voltages and plate ratings for the different 6SN7 Types!

I have a quad of RCA vt-231 gray glass, they sound the best of what I have, but are way microphonic. They pick up my loud voice and send the signal through to the speakers, I even experience feedback at times. YUK!

I have a quad of what looks like some russian brand, very blah, makes the pre sound below my Foreplay.

I have 2 pairs of a garden variety that I put in, Sylvania & Philco 2 short & 2 medium, these are passable, might not song so good do to miss matching.

I have my sites set on the Ken Rads & Raytheons, if all goes well by the end of next week, I'll be a rolling.3.gif

All this stuff is so cool, all the fun most are missing, it's ashame.15.gif

MORE FOR ME!9.gif

Tom