two klf-10's as center

iwillwalk

Lets see if I have this right,

From system center positive go to speaker 1 positive.

From speaker 1 negative to speaker 2 positive.

From speaker 2 negative to system center negative.

This will create an 16 OHM "speaker" that will not have as much output.

I really would not consider doing this as you would want a more "centered" center channel. 9.gif

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry to disappoint, but have two KLF-10s as center would muddy up your front soundstage consideribly! You would have both tweeters playing the say material at the same time, but since the sounds would be coming from two different locations it would sound considerly worse than using just one KLF-10 as the center. You would be better off keeping the C7 as the front center and using one of the KLF-10s for the rear center.

• 5 months later...

Steve, I just read your post. The advice on using a single KLF-10 as a center is correct IMHO. Frankly, I would "horizontalize" both KLF-10's and use one as a front center and one as a rear center. Put the woofers as close together on the front center and as wide apart on the rear center for maximum benefits.

You will find this arrangement so much sonically superior compared to using the C-7. I wound up buying a second C-7 and using the pair as front effects speakers on a Yamaha receiver.

I have been out of touch for most of the time since you returned from Morocco... and at 65 years of age, I am about to marry a 38 year old Swiss Miss who spent a year or so in Morocco in her world travels. May you find joy, my friend. =HornEd