Who's winning the SACD vs. DVD-A war?

Mallette

HELP NEEDED!

I hooked up the Dishnetwork model 6000 h.d.sat receiver w/8vsb digital/analog tuner to my 2A3 tube boxes and cant get any signal! Volume is up to 12 O'Clock and still nothing but a strange hum. I do think I caught a tad bit of what sounded like Warren Beatty cooing in the ear of Diane Keaton.

What the hell am I doing wrong????

kh

Well, what Stereophile didnt say is that most of those LPs are music used in the DJ realm so they can scratch them back & forth on their turntables.

When my band was mastering our CD a few years ago, the mastering studio had a nice Neumann lathe. When I inquired about it the engineer/studio owner just laughed. He said Yeah. All these rappers and dance club DJ types come in here & want an analogue LP cut. I say sure! Tell them the price. And smile all the way to the bank. If they want that ****, and their willing to pay for it, I can give it to them!

Not sure that's the case, Artto. The majority of new TT's are not really suited to scratch cueing, and the SP1200 has pretty well satisfied that market for years.

Funny. When I was in radio, professionalism was judged by the ability to cue a record with one touch, and minimal (say, 1/10 sec.) back cue.

I've never quite understood the practice. Why isn't it done simply via sample on a keyboard?

OTOH, I don't get out much...

Dave