Postal Fraud

AnalOg

A while back there was some talk about sending money through the postal service for ebay products to sellers and how it falls under the jurisdiction of the federal gov't if you are either making a money order or certified check, I can't remeber. Can someone refresh my memory on this?

I got a deadbeat that claims the product I paid for was damaged upon packaging & he was going to refund my money. We have been going back and forth for a month and still has'nt refunded my money. Before I make any threats to him I want to make sure I can follow through on them.

Thankx,

Tom

I believe you may be recalling a discussion referring to USPS money orders. If a seller cashes one, and doesn't send the goods, it's a federal crime. I don't know if this applies to your situation. Good luck!

fini

Tom,

Your covered you can contact the USPS for how to file a fraud complaint!! Also you can file a claim with eBay they have $200 of insurance on everything you purchase. I did this once with an eBay seller over a Pentium CPU he was blatantly ripping off a number of people. He is now a resident of Uncle Sam because of many postal fraud complaints! I received all but $25 back from eBay.

Craig

This guy isn't from Georgia is he? Sounds like a guy who ripped a bunch of people at archerytalk.com. I guess they are everywhere. Always check feedback first before bidding. Anyone can get one negative but a trend is an alarm.

I once got a heads up from a fellow in Ohio about a seller of a bow I had just won the bid on on ebay. I told the seller I wanted to use escrow. That was the last I heard from him. The next communication I recieved on the matter was from the postal inspector! I had no evidence on him but, I hope the USPS put him on ice for a while.

Rick

Thanks for the infor guys. I'm working with another ebay scumbag that sold me a pair of cornwalls. When I received them, they were perfect on the outside, However; one speaker a missing woofer and has a faulty crossover to-boot.

Ebay is supposedly working with me (slowly I might add)on this deal, but anything I can do on my own is good as done.

On the positive side, fellow BB member Danny B is selling me his ALK's to install in them. All I need now is the woofer.

See ya, and thanks for listening.