Interesting Cornwalls?

Ctiger2

Emailed the seller, here is his reply:

Date: 27 Aug 22:06 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #3043657299

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------they are in fact, la scalas. i was given bad information from one of my

employees. he is now chained up in the basement hehe.

For what its worth, I've met the seller on one or two occasions and he is a really decent guy. He operations a local record store that I frequent called "Desireable Discs". The store has a pretty good reputation. I'm sure that he would answer any questions folks might have about the condition of the speakers.

I saw these during a recent visit to their Dearborn, MI location. They are indeed La Scala's in Birch Raw with a dark stain applied. They have two sets of grill cloth, one set covers the entire front and the second set covers the upper/high freq cabinet area only. They have AA Crossovers, but the Klipsch stickers are missing. They did have faded and large plastic looking Pie Sliced logos. Someone has added a 1/4" piece of plywood to to the bottoms which appears to serve as a flat riser base for each speaker.

I was told that all the drivers worked. Initially told they wanted $550.00 for the pair. Asked if that's the best they can do, was then told $500.00 would be acceptable!

If they work as stated, then they only need some TLC and refinish work to make them exceptional looking speakers.