JUST A GUESS...............

artto

This because I am selling some equipment? Perhaps it was the "gear changes on the horizon" comment. Who knows. I have to admit, I was more than a bit shocked when I opened this thread and saw that line. Hell, for a brief second, I thought someone knew something I didnt!

Dean, it's ok. Yeah, it's a little out there but so are a lot of things on here. But to answer the initial post (not that it needs one), ole Audrey IS NOT pregnant. No more mystery.

I just might make some gear additions for the fun of it, not life changes...at least not yet. Come to think of it, I am not unhappy with my system(s) either. I just want some fresh perspective.

kh

"Come to think of it, I am not unhappy with my system(s) either. I just want some fresh perspective."

My gosh, I finally infected someone with my lunacy.

I guess I was a little hard on you Artto, sorry -- It just seemed bizarre.

It was bizarre, especially since every time Artto and I enter into a thread, we almost come to blows! heh... So this seemed way out of left field and a strange FIRST line for a thread. Still, I will take if over some of the comments I have received in the past from various souls aboard the ole Klipsch 2 Channel.

As for the gear, Jeff and I are always bantering about stuff. He sells stuff he makes for himself that he has sweated and toiled over, just like it was somethign off the shelf of a zipmart. But I dont think I am even selling anything but stuff that is sitting on the shelf or in the closet ie my EL-34 amp, second EICO, latest passive, a few Nakamichi decks, perhaps my ProAcs etc. I am sure there are other things lying around but those come directly to mind. We'll see.

kh

Get rid of that stuff, generate some income, try to move beyond The Doggies in performance, and gain some floor space too.

I'm a little surprised by your interest in a 10 watt push-pull. I know you like the 2A3, and I would definitely argue that four are better than two, but I don't really know if 6 extra watts is really worth the trouble.

We never really heard much again from Leo regarding the Horus', at least not that I can remember. I was really interested in his final assessment of them in relationship to his parafeed Moondogs.

With your tastes in mind, I don't think I would do it unless the circuit guaranteed some stability under different loads, and could deal with swings in impedance. I really believe this is so important. I stayed with higher power because I knew I would still want to run the 15 ohm resistors in parallel at the amps outputs -- I'm at 35 watts doing this. If I decide to strap in triode, I drop to 17 watts. That's how important I think the issue is. I'm willing to sacrifice power IF I can gain stability and smoothness in the response. The difference between using the resistors, and not using the resistors is quite remarkable. I'm waiting for Craig to try this with his Dynacos and LaScalas, and feel very strongly that Heritage would respond very favorably to this tweak. As a matter of fact, you should try this with your Eico. I'd be interested in your impressions. Two 5 watt Mills 15 ohm resistors -- that's it.

OK. My turn to fess up. What prompted me to pose the question?

Actually Kelly, it had nothing to do with your selling any equipment. Quite frankly, I hadn't even noticed that. But since you've been back you've posted several pictures with or of your wife. Second, you just recently changed your avatar. And this avatar, from what I can tell, is of a Picasso painting titled 'Girl Before a Mirror'. And indeed, the avatar's 'name' is 'girl'. It sure looks like a pregnant woman looking at herself in a mirror to me! So, just thought maybe this was your discrete way of saying you & yours were expecting.

http://www.abcgallery.com/P/picasso/picasso258.html

Hadn't even noticed Kelly's avatar before Artto's mention of it. I expanded and printed the pic. My wife noticed it and commented that it 'looked like a Picasso'. She still surprises me after 30 years.

To me, this relates to Chris Robinsonson's earlier post regarding this forum. No one here seems to enjoy the art, they just want to own the work.

Keith