Flooded basement almost got my Klipsch!

Diggs

It's been raining nonstop for almost 3 days now. Sleeping last night when around 2:30 my dad yells at me to get up because the basement is flooding. Seems the sump pump couldn't keep up with the amount of water coming in and overheated. When it died, the rest of the foundation started springing leaks (the house is only 2 years old!!) and half the basement was flooded including most of my boxes I had my stuff in to prepare for my moving out 8.gif and one pair of my KG-4's I had taken down was about 1 foot from the water!!

On top of this, there's a cheap pair of cornerhorns locally that I may have picked up, but now have nowhere to put them. This sucks.

Yeah, my dad will look at them and go "You're moving those yourself." 3.gif

Plus, I'll be moving to an apartment and they'd probably take up the entire room. I would like to own some one day, just not feasable at this time. If I could leave them here, that'd be great, but I don't think my parents want me storing my stuff here.

----------------

On 8/31/2003 12:00:54 PM Diggs wrote:

Yeah, my dad will look at them and go "You're moving those yourself."
3.gif

----------------

Get a nice applieance dolly with the belt that goes around and they are not that hard to move by yourself.

Too bad about your basement. That sucks bigtime.

Im lucky, I live on a hilltop in the Kettle Morane here in Wisconsin, basically I have at least hundred feet of natural gravel under my house. Sump pump never runs.

JM

----------------

On 8/31/2003 1:08:59 PM j-malotky wrote:

Im lucky, I live on a hilltop in the Kettle Morane here in Wisconsin, basically I have at least hundred feet of natural gravel under my house. Sump pump never runs.

JM

----------------

I don't even have a sump pump! My house is built on the side of a hill and the back of my basement is full exposer with a door and window. I did get water in the basement once, but that was the weekend after Presiden't day weekend. We gotten something like 24 inches of snow on Pres Day weekend (which is a lot of snow for this area), then that following weekend, it friggan rain constantly for three days. Between the rain and all that snow melting, with the ground already being saturated, some water managed to get in (also found out there was a crack in my foundation, which I still need to get repaired 14.gif). Fortunatly, nothing more than just to make the floor wet (unfortunatly, part of the basement is carpeted - thus having to do the ol' Wet-Vac and then blowing every fan I had in the place on it to get it to dry out).

----------------

On 8/31/2003 6:23:21 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 8/31/2003 1:08:59 PM j-malotky wrote:

JM

----------------

I don't even
have
a sump pump! My house is built on the side of a hill and the back of my basement is full exposer with a door and window. I did get water in the basement once, but that was the weekend after Presiden't day weekend. We gotten something like 24 inches of snow on Pres Day weekend (which is a lot of snow for this area), then that following weekend, it friggan rain constantly for three days. Between the rain and all that snow melting, with the ground already being saturated, some water managed to get in (also found out there was a crack in my foundation, which I still need to get repaired
14.gif
). Fortunatly, nothing more than just to make the floor wet (unfortunatly, part of the basement is carpeted - thus having to do the ol' Wet-Vac and then blowing every fan I had in the place on it to get it to dry out).

----------------

My basement flooded that day also. The water level in one of our window-wells was filling up about 8"/minute. I bailed water out in the freezing rain for 3 hours before my brothers came over with a submersable pump. I now own one. I never want to go through that again!

----------------

My basement flooded that day also. The water level in one of our window-wells was filling up about 8"/minute. I bailed water out in the freezing rain for 3 hours before my brothers came over with a submerable pump. I now own one. I never want to go through that again!

----------------

I hear ya. I got to bail water from 2:30 til almost 6 this morning til the rain let up and the water level wasn't rising anymore. Fun stuff. Fortunately our basement isn't finished and it isn't freezing outside.

It is really dry by me too.

There is a corn field down the road from me that has been totally brown for a few weeks. On the way in to work today I saw the farmers tractor with a chopper and wagon behind it in the field. Looks like he started chopping over the weekend.

I feel sorry for the farmers. No grain from that field this year.

JM

I think we had about 0.12 inches of rain over about a 2 1/2 month span, and then we just got dumped on this weekend. This sucks. A family of 4 died when thir van got swept away, only the father survived; a teen died playing near a creek, and someone else got swept away in some flash flooding. 15.gif