Neat Console in CA for pickup

NOSValves

You'd be surprised how many of these "high end" consoles were produced in the 60's. The best one I ever came across (in Palm Springs, CA) included a McIntosh MC-2105 SS amp, a C-22 preamp (it's the one I've got in my system now), a MR-71 tuner and a MI-3 performance scope (also in my current system). The speakers were 2-way with JBL 15" woofers and horns (forget the model of horn right now, but it was BIG!) It all came in a GORGEROUS walnut cabinet and I parted the thing out--still geel guilty about it. I seem to remember paying $350 for everything (haggled down from $400). This was, of course, MANY years ago!

Allan,

Tell me about it I have 4 of them in my Basement now and have no clue what to do with them since they all still work and I just can't bring myself to tear them apart ! I have very found memories of listening to these consoles as a child and also helping Dad vacuum them out and check tubes and what not ! Us kids played records on them constantly in are Bar/Game room/Den in the basement and the adults had the Frank Sinatra and Herb Albert playing during there parties with all us kids running wild ! Dad was really into entertaining friends and family back in the day !

I have one console that is really awesome. Its a Madison Fielding with Jenson woofer and mids and a horn Tweeter ! Its has a nice EL34 push pull amp and Garrard TT everything looks and works perfect. It sounds really good considering the speakers are so close together ! It even has hookup in the back to run separate speakers !

Craig

Craig,

I have 3 in the garage! Only one (a Fisher) is tubed, though. The two others are in Barzilay cabinets, with separate matching speaker cabinets. One has a Yamaha receiver & Altec speakers, the other has Kenwood tuner & amp, Dual 1019, Teac R2R, and JBL speakers (LE14/LE175), again in matching Barzilay cabinets (with weird, tambour doors...on the speakers?). It will be painful to part-out any of these.

fini