Multi-Player Games

middlecreekguy

A.I. can get old and repetitive in gameplay for the obvious reason that it is just a program. you can learn little tricks and moves that works best for certain A.I.'s. but with people, each person's different in movement, reflex, and strategy. it's not to say there aren't repetitive and cheap tricks to be used, and be used on you, but with a good PvP game, there's no going back. another downside would have to be that people can be a$$holes and children can get annoying. much intimidation in gameplay in which you are trying to beat a real person's virtual brain out and they'd like to do just the same to you, but this can be a good thing too. many play to get their stress out as I do, not for a cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...

I HIGHLY encourage you to try multiplayer online games. Ever since I got broadband, I have hardly played any of my games in singleplayer mode. Medal of Honor is my favorite online game as well as Battlefield 1942 with Desert Combat mod. Trust me, it is really easy to learn how to play these games, and do not be intimidated. Plus, no one even know who you are. It is true that sometimes you will have annoying people, especially in servers where team killing is turned on, but I just find a different server to play on.

Just make sure you have fun!

-Alex

Oh, you can still play with 56K easily. I played medal of honor on a 56K connection fine. It was actually really fast, but make sure you enter servers with low pings. I remember I also played Tribes 2 and it was great with 32 people on a 56K, but that game had very good programming for the multiplayer part. You could still easily play with a 56K modem though. Give it a go, you'll love it!

-Alex

I played at zone.com. this is back when I had a 56K, but I got away hosting about 4 people at a time. now that I've got a DSL, I figured I can run a lag free server but noooo, a zone.com like website suggested that I have some sort of external ip address conflict(I have no idea what it means3.gif14.gif ) and I can not host ANY game.

Battlefield 1942 is the game. With all the mods out I don't see anyone getting bored anytime soon, especially the Desert Combat mod. The great thing with Battlefield 1942 is that weather you like flight sims, driving games or FPS you can enjoy this game. Get in a server with I think 64 max players and it's retard city because there is so much going on it's insane. America's Army Online is also very good and it's a free download. This game was developed by the US army and even though it's free it's as good as any out there. Soldier Of Fortune II was a poor single player game but is very good online. Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield is also very good. To add even more fun download Roger Wilco so that you and your friends can talk to each other while you're playing. It really helps you to work as a team. When I play I use Roger Wilco and hook up with 5 or 6 Combat Arms soldiers from Pet cause these boys know all the real life tactics. Very fun! What really sucks for me is even though I have ADSL I get a ping of about 600ms because it's through satellite. Not to many people want you in their game with a ping like that. I live for my vacations and unless I'm down south I spend my vacations in front of a monitor with a mouse in one hand and a beer in the other. I'm going again soon so I built my father a new PC just so I won't have to use his PIII 450. It's a little extreme I know but I can only play a few times a year so I need a nice rig to enjoy it. I did the samething for my bro a couple of months ago when I was out his way. Who wouldn't want a free PC for a couple of months of internet time?9.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I am an online video game junkie/addict lol. My game for the last year has been (on the PS2) SOCOM. If you haven't played this, you guys should really check it out. The game comes w/a mic, so you can talk to your teamates when you are playing. (The mic is on a real lightweight headset.)

Game play is 2 teams of up to 8 players on each side. I personally haven't played some of the games you have listed here, but many of my online friends have, and they swear by this SOCOM game. Try it, but beware of the addiction to socrack...lol

Since the game has been out for a little over a year now and SOCOM II coming out in November, you can pick it up fairly cheaply. SOCOM II will be out November 4th, so that may hurt the number of people playing SOCOM online, but I promise you that you will love this game.

Guys I just played PC Halo online and if you liked it on the XBox you will love it on PC. 5 or 6 new multi-player levels, all can be used with vehicles, including the banshee which is awesome in Blood Gultch. 2 new multi-player weapons, flame thrower and some sort of plasma launcher...sweet!

• 3 weeks later...

OK. You guys have done it to me. I`m an addict now. Medal Of Honor on line is awl-some. I`ve been playing every night this week. Lost some sleep. A lot. This really does give a totally different experience. I do get pissed though when my soldier stops moving, you know, 2 steps forward 3 steps back. I`m assuming this is a ping issue. I`ve been playing in the 230 to 140 ping range. Its hit or miss on how good the connection is. I wish we had DSL here.

• 3 weeks later...