What do you think SVS has up their sleeves in the next year or so?

kenratboy

B4 Ultra is really unlikely. They are already at the limits of their researches size and weight acceptability from a consumer and a shipping stand point. As such putting Ultra drivers in the B4 would take the weight up well over 200lbs and beyond this limit. Also the B4 is already underported. In otherwords port compression will set in before you reach the limits of what the four plus drivers can do. Which is also more than the majority of rooms will ever need so to Tom it was a mute point.

My guess is we'll see them round out their box lineup. Then we will either see a 15" driver and/or smaller PR enclosures. And by smaller I mean relative to the current stuff, they won't try and go down to Sunfire size as they too will end up with Sunfire performance.

I agree with Dustin. The B4 is very heavy. The PB2+ is 120, this would mean the PBUltra will come in at around 150 pounds.

B4 Ultra would probaly weigh 60 to 90 pounds more. Shipping is a huge consideration as well as the consumer's ability to move it .

Where will they be.

I would suspect a new better driver for the higher end and an improved mid-level driver.

Perhaps for the move space conserving customers a 10" Box sub which could be a little smaller than the PB1 boxes.

Many people would probably like to see a 15 inch driver but the performance gain would definitely be a huge consideration.

For those looking for a front firing sub, there will be a gril accessory to accomadate this later on this year.

this year they have definitiely focused on introducing products to a wider audience. If they can introduce a 10 inch sub for under $500 I feel they will interest a large audience.

I think they will be very successful and we might even see a new name helping they with the bulletin boards and emails.

Scott

Beyond 200lbs,yes the B4-Ultra would hoover around 220lbs.And shipping would not be that much over a 200lbs sub,plus the SVS crew can always make changes to the cabinet and use larger ports to adapt the porting for four TV12 woofers.This can be done and should be done,buyers...trust me they would sell.

Wilson Audio makes 700lbs subwoofers and they sell,they make "compact" Watch Dog sub around 300lbs and they sell.Sure in small numbers as all know Wilson cabinets and prices are over the top.And even a maniac like me pretty much crossed them out,as for half the price I can get many times more performance from Revel,Aerial,SVS,Velo and many others.

And Dustin the Sunfire subs give damn good performance under the size restrictions.

NO NO and NO

SveeeS will realease a 2" x 2" x 2" cube with a 10 megawatt PMPO transformerless and cordless amplifier.The woofer will feature a 4" voice coil squeeeezed in this 2" cube and feature a 50kg compressed magnet in a black hole in a galaxy far far away.

The tentative pricing is $2999 and TeaVee from SveeeS guess stimates the linear to be as long as the american railroad!This explains the huge output!

Stay tuned folks