GEAR FOR SALE

dodger

Greetings:

Raising funds.

Scott 299 C 6.5/10 WORKING, cleaned up, no cabinet, original output tubes, negotiate for NOS pre-amp tubes. 2 scratches in faceplate.

Would have higher rating if in cabinet, plastic knobs, one knob has brass colored metal insert missing.

Adcom 5200 Amplifier, NIB

Klipsch Heresy's birch, natural stain, finished. 1976, I believe.

Non modified.

Yamaha T-60 tuner

As I am tired and not in the mood to set prices, make me offers.

More equipment to come up. Forum first.

Better deals on package prices.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/9/2003 7:05:40 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Man, it feels good to get rid of stuff doesnt it? Why the hell I cant seem to do it is a mystery to me. If you have any pics of your stuff, I would be happy to help get it out online. Time to move up to thy digital camera, Win!

Call it:
The Shrinking of My Signature Sale!

kh

----------------

Greetings:

It will be replaced by other equipment.

The Yamaha isn't even listed in my sig.

It would be nice to have the option to list, eliminating the sig in a thread where one is posting a bit like the Heresy II mod. But it's nice to know the other equipment. I get emails about some of the different pieces.

It would also be nice if it were easier to end a thread if you've received all of the info needed.

But such is life, kind of the way Hendrix put it: "I'm the one to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life ... the way I want to." With some brushes I've had, I'm a fatalist/pessimist/optimist.

I know I can't control when, I look for the bad and I'm that much more pleased when the positive happens.

Win dodger

Your posts are getting quite esoteric, Win. It's interesting, we USED to have the option to leave out the signature in the old forum format. The usual method was to include it in one post in the thread, but leave it out in all following posts as the information was redundant as well as a waste of space. They did away with that nice feature, sadly enough.

Anyway, I was more focusing on the giving of a hand in selling stuff with posted pics.

I see your point about the gear listing; on the other hand, if we ALL did that, this place would be a mass of gear lists. I know I cant do it as my signature would be painful to behold. I have so much stuff that it would float a small pawn shop with leftovers from recording studio days including reel to reels, multiple NAK cassette decks, mic preamps, speakers, tuners, spare amps and preamps, cable etc. IT got so bad, I just started lending my stuff out to family members and friends. Hell, I think my old NAD stuff is in three states! My mid 80s Adcom amp was passed around like a bad petition!

Anyway, I need to unload stuff as well as my office is now a storage area for tubes, amps, turntables, and speakers. Give me strength... Good luck with the sale. btw, be glad that someone bumps your post up to top level for more exposure!

kh

Greetings:

Thanks, Kelly. I do appreciate it.

I'm a little irritated about the Heresy II mods thread.

I've still got a ton of equipment not posted either. Same thing, recording, live sound, other Audio, etc.

I've gotten a little more open with some of the things I've accomplished after receiving some email questioning my base of knowledge in multiple areas.

Decided to nip that in the bud.

You know hitting 51 next month brings me more to value harmony, open up some and close in other areas.

I have liked the posts about what does music sound like. I'm refinishing a 1963 Fender Precision Bass and trying it out on a couple of different amplifiers (remember when 200 watts was enough for a bass?) and looking at my Mother's Violin started a wondering process.

And from there........

Thanks again.

Win dodger

Refinishing a "63 Fender PB - are you kidding me?!! I realize it will look better if the finish is destroyed but it won't sound better and a beat up but original '63 PB sells for almost twice that of a refin'd one. Of course, its your guitar and to each his own but I have a '61 PB with chips, dings, missing paint and scratches that I cleaned up and have displayed on my wall while a refin'd "59 PB lanquishes in its case in storage.

This reminds me of a show on TV a few years ago (Antique Roadshow, I think) where a couple had brought in a late 1700's American Highboy. They told the appraisor that when they bought it, it had been painted black with chips and scratches galore. They spent something like $3K to have it refinished to show off the piece's beautiful wood. They were quite proud of the piece and when the appraisor told them it was worth @$15-20K, they were patting themselves on the back for their find. The appraisor then added that the piece was from an area in the NE where it was common pratice of the period to use black paint and if the couple had not refinished the highboy, it would be worth upwards of $40K. He went on to berate them for not researching the piece before they acted and basically said that they ruined it historically. Needless to say, they were stunned and crest-fallen.

I'm sure you're aware of the situation and I'm not trying to preach but I just wanted to express an opinion - take it for what its worth.

Also, its a shame I didn't know of your sale before you came down to B'more this weekend. My wife's cousin is looking for another pair of Heresys to complete a HT system and it would've been fairly easy to drop them off on your way to pick up the CWs. Oh well, timings everything I guess. Good luck and let me know if you're heading back down to Charm City anytime soon, Bryan

Refinishing a "63 Fender PB - are you kidding me?!! I realize it will look better if the finish is destroyed but it won't sound better and a beat up but original '63 PB sells for almost twice that of a refin'd one. Of course, its your guitar and to each his own but I have a '61 PB with chips, dings, missing paint and scratches that I cleaned up and have displayed on my wall while a refin'd "59 PB lanquishes in its case in storage.

This reminds me of a show on TV a few years ago (Antique Roadshow, I think) where a couple had brought in a late 1700's American Highboy. They told the appraisor that when they bought it, it had been painted black with chips and scratches galore. They spent something like $3K to have it refinished to show off the piece's beautiful wood. They were quite proud of the piece and when the appraisor told them it was worth @$15-20K, they were patting themselves on the back for their find. The appraisor then added that the piece was from an area in the NE where it was common pratice of the period to use black paint and if the couple had not refinished the highboy, it would be worth upwards of $40K. He went on to berate them for not researching the piece before they acted and basically said that they ruined it historically. Needless to say, they were stunned and crest-fallen.

I'm sure you're aware of the situation and I'm not trying to preach but I just wanted to express an opinion - take it for what its worth.

Here are the "official" specs of the Adcom 5200. Sadly, it sure wont tell you how it sounds but might help in preamp/speaker matching.

http://www.progressive-engineering.com/klipsch/adcom_5200.gif

On the vintage quitar front, I agree with the refinishing line above. My most treasured gear is all original from my 68 Ludwig 5 piece to the 65 Fender Mustang, a guitar that would have barely brought $125 13 years ago that has now reached collector status. Still, the semtimental attachment is worth much more.

kh

Arrrgh...

Do not refinish a P bass... I repeat DO NOT refinish a P bass.

a) they look good when beaten up (so does the J bass)

B) you'll ruin the resale value (not important if you plan to keep it)

Last thing I would do is to refinish my Ric 4001 even if scratched.

If you want a brand new looking P bass buy one instead of refinishing an old one.

Bass amps? I play my '75 Pbass through an SWR 350 head and an SWR Henry 8x8 cabinet. Also have an SWR Goliath Jr. 2x10 cabinet for smaller gigs or those where my rig is mic'd. Have 2 60's Ampeg SB-12 portoflex amps that are nice for acoustic work.

You can't go wrong with the SWR 350 head paired with an older SWR pro cabinet. Don't know much about the SWR workingman line.

Dodger-

I'm intrested in the Yamaha T-60 tuner, If you have the ability to send a digital pic of it to my email (dblenhert@drexel.edu) that would be fantastic.

I'm off today to look at a Magnum DynaLab Etude and a Parasound Halo T-3 Tuner , I want to see if the MD worth the $$$. Has anyone heard positive things about the Parasound?? It looks gorgeous, but what about quality?????

Thanks

Dave

----------------

On 9/9/2003 10:13:33 AM kelsa wrote:

I also have a pair of MC60's. How do yours compare to the MC240's run in mono?

thanks...

----------------

Greetings:

The 60s due to Genalex KT-88s have more detail, a better soundstage.

The 240s can be much improved using RCA Blackplates or 1962 General Electrics.

My 60s were purchased back around 1973 for 209.50 for the pair with Telefunkens and Gold Lion KT-88s.

The 240s were purchased one (1) in 75, one (1) in 76 for 200 each. One pair with Blackplates.

The most unusual thing about my 60s is the genius that was until Craig, the only person I would let touch them (he now is doing well at Ashly Audio - Pro sound equipment with home audio specs) had one the next consecutive serial number up.

I will look up the specs for the 5200, roughly 50 watts per side.

And I tried my best to talk the owner out of re-finishing the '63, but he wanted a natural wood finish.

I've got a '63 myself that the former owner tear dropped. Would love to find a vintage body. It's a sweet sounding unit. Just neck heavy because of the tear dropping.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/9/2003 11:33:08 AM DrPyro wrote:

Dodger-

I'm intrested in the Yamaha T-60 tuner, If you have the ability to send a digital pic of it to my email (dblenhert@drexel.edu) that would be fantastic.

I'm off today to look at a Magnum DynaLab Etude and a Parasound Halo T-3 Tuner , I want to see if the MD worth the $$$. Has anyone heard positive things about the Parasound?? It looks gorgeous, but what about quality?????

Thanks

Dave

----------------

Greetings:

Will try to send pic, have friend with new digital camera.

Thanks,

Win dodger