GEAR FOR SALE

dodger

dodger-

Save yourself from owing your friend for the digital camera.....I ended up purchasing the Magnum Dynalab. Sorry....I just fell in love with it and it was a decent price. I'm amazed by how good it is a picking up signals, I have been playing with it and i keep exclaiming "what the...I never knew this station even existed" Its a FT-101A Etude version, don't know the exact date but it came with all of the origional boxes, manual, and had been well taken care of. I'm very happy....I didn't know FM could sound this good and I'm in a crappy reception area.

Sorry....

-Dave

Mobile,

That is really decent of you offering to assist Win in moving some of his gear. I like the line about the shrinking signature. I've quit bothering trying to keep my signature updated. Dean harasses me over moving gear in and out of the inventory. And I have to say, I really had a hard time resisting the urge to jump on any of the HF-81's on Ebay last week. I'd run across your review with a very nice pic on the net months ago, and didn't make the connection that it was your review. If I get in trouble with my wife, I'll just say, "See what Kelly made me do!" 6.gif6.gif6.gif

----------------

On 9/9/2003 10:07:11 PM DeanG wrote:

I would never "harass" you Dee. I actually think it's pretty cool. It's similiar to what I have been doing over the last year or so. The only way to know, is to try it.
----------------

Yep, just razzing you. You got it right about trying it. There have been some genuinely interesting discoveries and surprises, too.

Daddydee, yep... Dodger didnt take me up on that pic offer (apparently he didnt notice that I posted the full specs of the 5200 right above his post). Ole Win is a nice guy but his posts are hard to find the text! Using the edit feature is so easy here but it's helpful to tweak a bit. We had a big Signature Cleaning run about a year ago and I actually made a txt file that people could use to just insert their gear - it was in 1pt text etc. That is why a lot of the sigs look the same. I think a sig of your main gear is a good thing, to get a sense of where you stand on your impressions, experience, and taste. On the other hand, listing every piece of gear so that the signatures are many times the length of the post is not easy to peruse, especially with multiple posts in a thread. A while a go, I actually was hosting a few signature pages for some on here ie Dean etc. This was Dean's months ago.

DeanG 2 channel System - Rev 2435 - the damn circular pics at top actually had rollovers with a link to the Dean Den O sound.

The EICO HF-81 is about my favorite of the vintage integrateds although all of them can sound very good in their sweet spot. I love the EL-84 tube, now more than most of the other pentode options. The little EICO sounds the closest to the open qualities of SET when it's dialed in. I have noticed that not all the HF-81 exhibit this last bit of magic. I have heard five or six at length and though they all share a family sound, some sound better than others. I really like the EICO on a pair of reasonably sensitive monitor speakers. I tend to prefer SET amps on the horns.

I need to bust out and finish that EICO page as I have a bunch of pages to add and have basically not changed that text in years....most of it culled from the first few months. I just have too many sites and am on this damn box too much as it is.

Thanks for the comments.

kh

• 2 weeks later...