DareDevil, AMAZING!

Orange Peel

I just got done watching DareDevil, and I am simply speachless to the kick assness of the sound in that movie, I mean just blown away. I had a grin from ear to ear the whole time. I watched the DTS version, and man, the RF-7's were just belting out the actions schenes, the RF-5's rocked the surround like no other, and the SVS just POUNDED, I mean it dug, hit, did EVERYTHING I could hope for in this movie. I honestly think the sound in this movies is better than The Lord Of the Rings movies, just amazing. The movie itself was badass too, I will be sure to buy that one! Man, I couldn't imagine this movie with 2 SVS's or the PB4 sub, holy crap, there were parts where the pictures on my walls were gonna rattle off, just digging deep and not breaking a sweat!

I HIGHLY, no, INSIST you watch this movie if you already haven't, just pure entertainment bliss, and with my setup I couldn't ask for more, man, I just can't get over it. I had to type this right away just to get it out, that's how good it is.

I may be a little late in this message, but if you haven't seen it, trust me, well worth the money.

What did you all think that have seen it??

I was a big fan of the Frank Miller-penned comics on which the story was based, so I saw it in the theater, and bought it the first day it came out.

I was too involved with the story the first couple of times I watched it to pay really close attention to the sound; I think the terrific sound allows an immersion in the story that is not distracting.

As for the film: I thought the dialog and photography were a little clunky and awkward in spots; but overall, I enjoyed it.

Yup. Daredevil has a pretty hot sound track.RF-7s and SVS subs stand at attention when pushing DVDs like this. Try Resident Evil. It has a very hot sound track and you would probably like the action. Between Marilyn Mansons music and Milla Jovovichs kicking and stomping theres little need to turn this one up.

Chuck - I really liked the movie in itself too, the action, the plot, everything was great, the sound just made it that much better!

BBB - I have seen Resident Evil, and love that movie as well, excellent sound, that's what really cought my attention when I first saw it, then I really liked the movie itself too, two excellent movies to demo your gear to 9.gif

Daredevil = Batman+Spiderman+Neo. Borrowed the DVD from a friend. Glad I didn't waste the money on even a rental. Affleck seemed to put no life into his character and they probably could have paid a power-chinned no-name at 1/10 the salary. Even the gratuitous love scene was just another reason to never see this movie again. Although the sound effects may show off a good system, it ain't worth another 1.5 hours of my time.

----------------

On 9/15/2003 12:28:50 AM Klipschfoot wrote:

Daredevil = Batman+Spiderman+Neo. Borrowed the DVD from a friend. Glad I didn't waste the money on even a rental. Affleck seemed to put no life into his character and they probably could have paid a power-chinned no-name at 1/10 the salary. Even the gratuitous love scene was just another reason to never see this movie again. Although the sound effects may show off a good system, it ain't worth another 1.5 hours of my time.

----------------

Yeah Orange.... I am kinda right in line with Klipschfoot here. Sorry man.

Daredevil????....... Really?

----------------

On 9/15/2003 12:47:09 AM Klipschfoot wrote:

Did I say "Daredevil = Batman+Spiderman+Neo."

I should have said: Daredevil = Batman+Spiderman+Neo divided by good acting and directing.

----------------

I dunno man. Batman and Spiderman were ok, but to even somehow associate them with Daredevil is almost like slapping them in the face. 9.gif

I know this thread isn't about movie analysis and structure, but Daredevil was good for cheap, mindless entertainment, and a disaster in every form of movie making. It's an insult to audiences to think they should pay $8 of hard earned money to watch that pure, unadultered CRAP.

But then it's good for system demos I hear...

i agree moon, i posted on this movie maybe a month ago, the soundtrack was good in the begining, but the movie was so poorly done that even the woman could not hold my interest, after awhile i had to turn it off it was stinking up the room, not in the same league with any of the other superhero movies i have seen, except maybe the hulk12.gif

I don't think it's that bad, I am one of those persons that can get into any movie, and I generally like everything I see. I think the sound in this movie is what makes me like it so much, lots of deep bass and surround sound. There were some slower parts, but all movies seem to have their little issues.

I just wish I had another SVS when I watched this movie, wow, that would have been sweet!!

----------------

On 9/15/2003 1:48:36 PM Orange Peel wrote:

I don't think it's that bad, I am one of those persons that can get into any movie, and I generally like everything I see.

----------------

You're lucky, I have many friends like that too. That's good, because you are able to enjoy yourself and escape into entertainment and not seem like such a grump and whiner like us.