Not a question,but Nvidia is getting hammered!

TheEAR

Having seven Nvidia based video cards(from TNT to FX5900Ultra) its shocking to see them slide so much in Half Life 2 and games where DX9 is used,pixel shaders are sinking them like a stone. 6.gif

Even Detonator 50 looks like its too little too late,no Detonator will push them past ATI's best,unless they cut all quality and detail and leave 1980's blocky 3D. LOL

Good to have a 9700PRO and 9800PRO 250MB DDRII as backups. 16.gif

I bet a horde of Nvidiots will now cry injustice and bark on Valve,well too bad the better hardware winns.Me be it ATI or Nvidia I am covered 9.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always some marketing mojo at work, but it looks like Nvidia got their butts handed to them this time around, at least for DX9. However, a few months back some Doom3 numbers were released (OpenGL instead of DX) and Nvidia was the clear winner. For my part OpenGL is more important but I don't think I want to give my money to someone who's so blatently cheating and has been for so long.

D$,

Yes nVidia did have a easy lead,GeForce,GF2,GF3 and the last was the GF4 Ti4600.The FX never ruled anything,the ATI 9700PRO was out in quantity first and its THE 9700PRO that whooped nVidia's best so bad nVidia and all the nVidiots world wide had to buy special nVision glasses to pretend the benchmarks read in favor of nVidia!

After the 9800PRO was opposed to the FX5900PRO and what...nVidia used nVisual quality removal to take only some benches by a small lead.Then nVcheats were revealed to the world and hordes of fan boys and...ATI now has a clear command of the performance crown.

The 9800PRO heats less,performs better.Above all costs...less!Unless some are blind the choice is easy.

CANADA is clearly on the world map for GPU's 9.gif Thanks to ATI

Way to go ATI,you have my full support.

And as for nVidia,better shape up and recoup fast,competition is good.

I've had a fair number of cards from both companies, and I have always liked ATI more (currently have the 9800 pro). Nvidia has a wimpy user friendly image, and ATI is pure badass, sorta like Polk Audio vs. Klipsch? there is no nvidia card that is a challange for the ATI 9800. the only way they can claim there is is that they lie and cheat on their benchmarks to get ahead. idiots, I hate nvidia.

"i like how the 5900 can only muster 30fps with half life 2 at mid-high quality, while the 9800pro mops it with 60fps."

well, I rather have something slow but work then an unstable piece of junk...what good is the hardware (no matter how leading edge) if the driver is so badly written?

"oh yeah - ati is stupid."

and so you said it yourself...

James(Highlander),

ATI works great unless you are still trying the to install the 9800PRO you "borrowed" from some store without paying!

I told you the 386SX I gave you does not have any AGP port,and you need an AGP with the proper voltage support too.

Now reurn the card where you took it

Thank you