THOUGHTS

dodger

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Clue, I would love to have a copy of the pic of those two dogs without the text if you don't mind. Unfortunitly I can relate all to well with that poor male dog 2.gif

Oh well hold on... Looking closer at what I thought to be a male dog indeed is not as it has teets. 12.gif

I am thinking I agree with Dodger on this.. Went from spending time with your family to Fini and Dodger being hmmm well... To 1 female dog yapping at her life partner. 2.gif9.gif

----------------

On 9/22/2003 1:30:00 PM garymd wrote:

I read some of the posts to my wife as Isabel was approaching. I think she was touched by all the well-wishes, prayers and thoughts offered to us here. When we finally did get power, she insisted I get on the forum and let everyone here know we were ok and back to semi-normality.

----------------

I was also touched by all the well-wishes and prayers on saw on here about Isabel. We took a pretty good beating in this area, but still came through. Colonial Beach, the local resort town just 30 miles east of here was virtually destroyed (The Happy Clam had some awesome seafood, but now its gone... 8.gif ). I wonder if my good friend's 32 foot sail-boat, which was docked at the marina is still there. He just finished refurbishing it and was ready to take it out.

Still alot of power outages in the area. My boss actually called me up last night and told me not to bother coming in today. Just before posting this, I tried to call my own office phone - got no connection, not even the voice mail box - just a busy signal. That means power is still out in that area.

Yeah, there are the occasional dump@$$es on here (anybody see that "The ears and horn" thread?), but overall, I have made some very good friends on here.

BTW, Gary, when can I come up and give your Cornwalls a listen 1.gif? You are welcomed to come down here and give my RF-7s a listen anytime.

Soon Steven. Things need to settle down here just a little first. Right now my wife's under the weather. I think the hurricane ordeal was a little much for her. She worked like a trooper but it's not good for her. I'd love to come see the 7s in action. Maybe we could do that first? I'll email you from work tomorrow. Maybe we can set a date?

----------------

On 9/22/2003 9:52:00 PM garymd wrote:

I'd love to come see the 7s in action. Maybe we could do that first? I'll email you from work tomorrow. Maybe we can set a date?

----------------

No problem! I know for a fact that the 4th of October is out - I'll be up in PA all that weekend. Also, tha least weekend of October is out also - be up at Massanutten all that weekend for the ski patral refresher training. Other than that, It should be cool.

At leat you still have a work to email from - it seems my work got trashed thanks to Isabel. Hopefully, I'll get to go back to work before the end of the week (at least I still get paid even for the missed time - although I'll try to make it up - looks like a couple of work-weekends in the future - ugh).

I could have used a few days off. My office didn't even blink! I'm on the 8th floor out of 15 in a brand new building in the heart of Bethesda. I was one of the few not to go in at all on Friday.

Maybe the week of the 11th or 18th will work. I've never heard 7s except in the store. This should be fun for me.1.gif

----------------

On 9/22/2003 10:13:15 PM reel 2 reel wrote:

It's still nice to hear from both of yas'...glad everythings OK..........OH!! ...and Thanks for the rain...we really needed it....even though it din't come until today!.......that crazy mess missed us here in saginaw completey ... we only got a sprinkle.

----------------

We just send you our leftovers after all the damage is done. We get all the fun.2.gif

----------------

On 9/22/2003 10:30:33 PM reel 2 reel wrote:

steve ..you changed yer avatar.......Ski Season is-a-commin!!

----------------

Yep, it sure is. Kinda sucks the summer is over, but it will soon be time to get them boards out and start laying track in the fresh cordouroy.

I have shown my support for the troops (and still do) by using my old unit patch as my avatar, but was time for a change 1.gif. I even tried to make my sig block look a bit more attractive and not look so big and ugly.