THOUGHTS

dodger

Hello:

I have just finished reading and responding to "Will Be Gone...For Awhile.

That post coupled with the "DeansGirl" post leaves one to think about the amount of time we spend with our loved ones. That includes Spouses, Significant Others, Family and Friends.

For the "romantic" side, when was the last time you called your Spouse or S.O. just to tell them that you love them? Or Care for them?

We go through life, working, eating lunch wherever, when-ever, usually in a rush.

We have working vacations, cell phones, pagers, laptops, palm pilots etc., and IMHO, how much better off are we?

A good number of people's eyes don't know how to fully focus properly. We stare at computer moniters, we stare at Televison Screens. We stare at the newspaper, we stare at our tubes, at our equipment. We stare at the Forum Screen and the postings it contains...and we stare at the avatar. I know that Chris Robinson and Gary can attest to the fact that we look exactly like our avatars, LOL.

But when life is all boiled down, we have ourselves, and we have the ones we love...and those that love us.

It never hurts to call another and say "I Love You." As in Rod Stewarts remake: "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You..."

And it never hurts to remember a couple of lines from a song I like by an Artist I admire for his ability to say so much that should be evident.

The Song's Title is It's Not Time Now" It's about realizing that not much ever gets solved in an argument.

The quotes: "Though The Words Are Flying Fast... They Just Don't Mean A Thing...In A Little While, I Could Tell You Everything

Love What We Lack Like What We Share,

Correction Comes With Time To Spare.

Somehow, some way, it can come.

Win dodger

How often do we just stare at the ones we love?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello:

To put the lines from John Sebastian in perspective perhaps the lines before those quoted will tie it together:

""...But We've Taken Sides In Anger And We Can't Back Down....Now We're Fighting Just To Bring The Other Down...Love what We Lack Like What We Share.... Correction Comes With Time To Spare..." John B. Sebastian

We can have life... or life can have us.

I post this as I reflect on the two (2) posts mentioned and a knowledge of turning another year older next month.

The technology I watched in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s is being dwarfed by what come past us in a year now.

I also see how impersonal the world can be compared to the 50s and 60s. Customer Service is not the norm, voice menus, voice mail, email, it can seem so, so distant and different.

So though I know I cannot change the world, I like to see how it can be closer. Look at your tube units, think about how people felt when those units first came out. That's the feeling of newness and happines that I would truly like to see. Without a disaster, without one (1) or two (2) days in a year for holidays.

Imagine

Win dodger

You really do have to work at balance in your life, and at making sure those who mean the most to you know it on a regular basis. I truly believe no small number of great acts communicates caring, trust or love to another, it's a million little details that are remembered and acted upon.

One other thought struck me as I read your posts Dodger, I like a BB that even has people contemplating the types of things in these threads and others. If the company we keep is truly a reflection of who we are, we should all be okay someday....

Thanks for the thoughts.

It's the folks on this particular forum that make it more than just a bunch of audio geeks hanging out and ignoring our loved ones.

I try not to spend too much time here at the expense of my family although there are occasions when I probably do just that.

I read some of the posts to my wife as Isabel was approaching. I think she was touched by all the well-wishes, prayers and thoughts offered to us here. When we finally did get power, she insisted I get on the forum and let everyone here know we were ok and back to semi-normality. She was skeptical in the past of me giving out my address or having someone over I'd never met in person but I think she realizes now that most here are kind and decent people that are more than just avatars out to pillage my cornwalls.

----------------

On 9/22/2003 2:05:05 PM fini wrote:

I love you, dodger.

fini

----------------

Hi Fini:

For all of the comedy and thought provoking posts of yours, I love you too.

These are the people who show you that there's hope in the future and a quality in THIS Forum that I have not seen elsewhere.

GaryMd's wife has a personality similar to mine, she's not one to trust easily. She and Gary welcomed us and showed that there is more than one HOME in the Eastern United States.

And Thank You, Arthur.

Keep a smile, All.

Win dodger

Greetings:

Clueless how do you come up with those pictures ?

Between your post and Moon's I definitely am wondering. Poor Moon, he was a great guy.

Anyway, my post was something that was brought to mind by the I'll be away thread.

I posted it for a little thought of who we are on this Earth and how we can be more civil to others.

And possibly have people be more civil to all of us. The first step in a mile journey.

Take Care,

Win dodger

Take Care

----------------

On 9/22/2003 3:24:39 PM m00n wrote:

Ok, so I know I am going to catch heat over this
newburn.gif
, but... I just can't resist...

What do you call 2 chineese homosexuals?

TuManChew
9.gif

Ok so m00n puts on his flame retardant suit and swiftly exists the building.
biggrinangelA.gif

----------------

Speaking of flames, how's the no-smoking going m00n?

----------------

On 9/22/2003 5:42:44 PM garymd wrote:

Speaking of flames, how's the no-smoking going m00n?

----------------

Very well actually, thanks for asking. Not so much as one ciggy in over 2 weeks which is when I quit, 2 weeks ago yesterday. My lungs feel much better, my chest pains are gone and my wallet feels a bit heavier.9.gif