Good 300 Disc CD Changer

zandern

I have a sony cdp-cx400 that I've used for 3 years now. Myself, I'm very happy with it. None of the mechanical breakdowns I feared given that the thing is used probably 15-20 hrs. a week. You can always go grab one at circuit city or best buy and return it if you don't care for it. I'll probably get blasted for this, but just as I've never heard any detectable difference in speaker wire, I've never heard that much of a difference between a $200 cd player and one that costs $1000.

I use a Marantz 300 CD file that I am very happy with.It sounds much better to me than my two Pioneer 100 CD files that I ran through a controller.It does not have the detail of my SACD player,but I would characterize it as very good.

SSH

I personally can vouche for Sony's 200 and 400 disc changer. I used the 200 for 2 years and had no problems with it. I had to upgrade to the 400 and i've had it for almost 1 year. I am quite pleased. JVC has a 300 disc changer, my brother has one. He may be willing to part with it.9.gif

I love the one in my sig. I seriously use it 4-8 hours a day, 5-7 days a week, for the last few years, and not ONCE has anything jammed.

Go for it, your CD's will thank you for it. I have some CD's that I put in the thing two years ago, and when I take them out to copy or move them, there is not a scratch (any size) on them.

I bought a 300 disk Sony from BestBuy for about $185. Given the complicated mechanism, I also bought the extended warranty, which, I think, was about $35. I have used the changer without problem for about 6 months. I use it for background music rather than critical listening.

Although I like not having to handle disks, the main reason I bought the changer was that it was way cheaper than high quality CD racks that would hold similar numbers of CDs. The only draw back I find is having to eject the disks when I want to load the changer in the car.

----------------

On 10/4/2003 5:08:09 PM marksdad wrote:

good and 300 disc cd changers dont go in the same sentence

----------------

One would think this to be true. But it's not. I have the Sony ES 400 CD changer and you'd be very hard pressed to find a player that can noticeable outclass this unit in the $1000 or under price range.

Pioneer Elite also makes a 301 cd changer. I used to own a $200 kenwood 300 changer which was EXCELLENT sound for how much it cost.

Wow... I did not realize how many people here use changers.

I also used a Sony 200 disk for about a year, then went to the 300 disk. Not as good of sound as my Adcom, but for everyday listening, they cant be beat. The best thing about the Sonys was the ability to connect them together. They will then crossfade between the two for no silence during partys etc. Great feature. Mine were used quite a bit until I switched to the computer.