I hope he gets it!

AnalOg

Another look at the pictures does reveal a new looking power cap. I take back what I posted above.

Garymd. I have the same situation as you. I bought mine at a less than optimal price to begin with on ebay, supposedly already rebuilt. When my NosValves rebuilt 222 kicked its butt, I knew it was not what it could be. So it went to Craig. He is returning it to me this week in fact. I definitely paid a pretty penny in total. But I got the Cadillac job with auricaps, new cans, bias mod, plus a bunch of other critical part changeouts. For what I had done I think I got a very good deal. When you add it all up, I agree the 850 price is high. But not so bad if your talking 850 Canadian / 638 US.

----------------

On 10/7/2003 2:33:35 PM mark1101 wrote:

Whoa, just read the add again. Twice he refers to Canadian currency.

Let's do the math. The exchange rate today is .75154. He wants 850.00. If he means Canadian....

How about $638.80 ?
11.gif

----------------

That's almost exactly what I paid for mine (plus shipping). I know mine was done right though.

If the amp was done by someone other then VTV that would be a descent price actually the problem with a VTV rebuild is the parts they install and the quality of the work is worth about $100 total !! They use and I mean litterally 25 cent capacitors that sound like dung ! This amp also is the least desirable of the 299's it has the failure prone transformers that mount front to back on the left side and a pour wiring layout.

Moon,

LOL!!! I couldn't agree more. It may sound purdy but damn it's ugly.

heck of a statement from a guy that put a set of Belles 5' apart and powered them with some cheesy SS reciever !! Then to top it off let his wife brow beat him into selling them before trying them with a descent amp 2.gif11.gif