My almost done flexi rack, AND why do my pics turn out blury?

m00n

So here is a pic of my almost done flexi. Just a bit of a number of shelves needed miss-calculation. 4.gif

And, I have a nice digital camera, but my images always seem to turn out fuzzy. I hold my hand still as possible but... Well, as you can see it's blury. Any suggestions?

MyFlexi3.jpg

post-9291-1381924971313_thumb.jpg

Nice flexi... what's the red tubing you using?

For the camera... you think it might be one of the following?

1. Digital camera has a delay to find it's focus (most are not as quick as a SLR), so you may be triggering the picture before it's in focus.

2. Indoor pictures in low light are harder to find a focus, and the camera will often use a focus aid (amber light you see) with or without success

3. Many new digital cameras will have a variable focus point (it moves around according to what it believes is the subject) does it select the right thing?

4. Did you resize the images? I find that resizing will always soften the edges in the images and may require using the "sharpen" filter

Later...

Rob

m00n,

When I first took photos intended for the web (here, eBay, e-mail, etc.) with my digital camera, I used the lowest resolution setting. I found my results were similar to yours. I started shooting pisctures in a higher resolution, then resizing them (in the camera). Seemed to make a huge difference. What camera are you using? Make sure you're not in the "digital zoom" range.

fini

m00n,

Taking sharp indoor shots is not too hard but does take some practice. You have been given good advice so far, but I would add two things:

1. Light! You really need lots of light for sharpest indoor shots.

2. A tripod really helps if light is less than adequate.

Nice rack, m00n!2.gif

I would think the red would glow in the dark, even in your black room with the lights off. It is an eye-catcher, though...

Someone's been finger-fu@kin' your changer...looks like they were feelin' around in the dark for those lil' buttons.

Windex and Pledge to the rescue!9.gif

• 5 weeks later...

The rack looks like 4 sticks of dynamite ready to blow. Now thats some serious bass.

Give a tripod a try just to see if it makes a difference and if it does theres your problem. You can also see how the photos come out with lots of light on in the room because as mentioned earlier they have trouble focusing in the dark. Some cameras will give a repeated flash burst while focusing so that the camera can focus properly on the subject.