ONLINE SALES

kiddo

Who is buying speakers/receivers online? Seems like some of the companies are removing serial numbers (actually read it in the company's "about us" section), just as the warnings by Klipsch and Denon warn about....and state that they will not honor the warranty on such items...

On the other hand if you can save 30% on a pair of $600 speakers--why not? These are good companies/good products they will likely work or not... I could see being concerned with a speaker costing thousands, but $600?

I plan to pick up a pair of RB-35s, RC-35 a sub (still choosing) and a Denon AVR 1804 receiver. If bought on line I give up most or all warranty but likely save $500. Even if something went wrong down the line I would have saved enough to replace the problem anyway...??

Am I crazy? Are others considering this? I LIKE GOOD SERVICE, but I don't like wasting money either...

Opinions please>>>

I would urge you to work with (or just plain work) your local dealer(s) a little bit. I am getting ready to order the Reference 7 system (RF-7, RC-7, RS-7 & RSW-15) from my local dealer. When I first started working with the salesman there, I was quoted a price of a shade over $5000 for the system above. I got online, called a number of the unauthorized dealers for their best prices and also called a number of the Klipsch dealers within 300 miles of my home.

My best prices were:

unauthorized dealer: $3900 shipped

authorized dealer: $4000 shipped

authorized dealer w/in 1 1/2 hours of home was around $4300.

I took these prices back to my local dealer. They agreed to sell me the system for $4,000. A little bit of perspiration on your part may get you not only the product you want, but the product you want with the factory warranty.

----------------

On 10/9/2003 1:55:44 PM amonteiro wrote:

Talking about rediculously cheap

Look at
. Something has to be not right

----------------

Same thing I said....

2 - RF7

1 - RC7

2 - RS7

for a buy it now price under $1400

They had 3 for sale and 2 went real quick......in like minutes...

I wondered what is wrong with them myself....too cheap even for online

I wouldn't give reliable audio video even a second of my consideration after my dealings with them. I placed the order on the phone for some RF-3's and they totaled up the shipping and everything. Then, they called back and said they couldn't ship the speakers to me for what they agreed on and were going to charge SIGNIFICANTLY more. After a bunch of nonsense, I finally did get my credit card refunded.

These guys used to have 5 or more websites they were selling the same stuff from. They are also speedandsound and I can't recall the others. How many websites do you need if you are a legit online business?

There are other online dealers with better reputations,(dunno if its against forum rules to post them here) but like others have said, give your local dealer a shot first.

I dont have a problem with ordering online, the way I look at is Klipsch is a very solid product, and has been tested and put through all th trials. I wouldnt condider them if I thought they was gonna break down within a year. I orderd all of my audio from Hooked on tronics, and would gladly do it again. They left me messages on my recorder on the products that they didnt have in stock and offered me a better deal on items to replace them, for Instance The didnt have the RF-35's I wanted but they did have RF-5's and gave them to me for a less price that what my authorised dealer was gonna give me for the 35's. All of my speakers came with all the serial numbers and unopened boxes. I read somewhere that unless they specify open box or refurbished, then it is unopened and untouched item. Im not trying to sell anyone on them, Im just saying I had a very good experience and was able to purchase a nice HDTV with some of the money I saved.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

I have to vote for reliableaudiovideo. I just bought a complete reference system from them and had a problem with one of the speakers. They were easy to deal with and offered me options. I was happy with the service and the price.

Frankly, I've had more than my fill of audio snob stores. Audio is a personal preference. All you'll learn from most audio sales people is their preference, which has nothing to do with you. Obviously side by side listening has some advantages, but I think it's over-rated.

Listen to every system you get a chance to, make up your mind and buy it online.

Jim

Thanks for all the replies and warnings...

I went ahead and ordered my fronts and receiver 2 days ago.

Regarding the comment on audio-store snobs--agree. Although I have heard a few sales people who knew their products, they also had an attitude. Most of the rest knew very little about the tech. details of their products. It made comparisons of subs very difficult for me with a limited experience of sub-comparison expertise.

I have learned far more in 1 month on this forum then 6 months talking to sales reps and reading reviews. Thanks

----------------

On 10/12/2003 1:20:37 PM MotorHead wrote:

"check out the other thread on this topic....it got quite warm....."

Where was the other thread?

----------------

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=39186&sessionID={23862BC4-712A-4963-8766-0FA4BEC81B65}

In home theater section on page 5 as of this writing....

"Are there any Authorized online Klipsch dealers?" is title

ENJOY