Anyone Looking for KHorn Project?

DeltaT

A buddy and I have a pair of KHorns that are in much need of care. They appear to be Style C or Decorator's Model(style D). I am located an hour north of Indianapolis. If you are interested, i have some pics and am willing to take more, email me at liepmann@purdue.edu

Kurt

Oh i probably should have mentioned that both k-33 drivers are missing, both k-55 drivers have been replaced with different drivers but the K400 horn lenses are still there, and one of the k77 tweeters and horn lense has been replaced.

Kurt

John,

For you I won't interfere. If you get them and need some parts maybe I can help you out.

I bought a pair of bass horns only on ebay about a month ago. I was shocked to find that Bax Global only charged $120.00 to ship them to me.

I think I'm going to sell my walnut pair of Klipschorns so I could use another pair of bass horns for my new top end mod. I can always build myself a pair. I can't see breaking up another pair of Klipschorns. These walnut ones are too beautiful looking to do that to them.

Yes those are the ones that I won. The one made by Klipsch is in rather good shape construction wise, but ugly as sin. There arn't many of you that wouldn't want it because of it's raw construction grade plywood look. But for me that's fine. I really bought it to disect it. I have two sets of Klipschorn plans and I wanted to take apart a Klipschorn and compare them.

But it's in good enought shape that I'm going to use it as my center channel speaker above the TV. I may put the whole thing behind grill cloth so it doesn't matter what it looks like.

I think that it might be a 60's K-horn. it has an interchangeable slot (motor board) which is 3x13. I put the bass horn on top of one of my late model K-horns and the external flare rate of the horn is the same. The 50's had a different flare rate by about 1-1/2 degrees. I still don't know why Paul changed the flare rate.

The other K-Horn is home built. The tail board is farther away from the bass horn which will increase the size and expansion of the horn where it uses the walls of the room for it's last fold.

The wedge shape splitter in the throat area is also missing. This one might just be trash.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 10/11/2003 8:00:59 PM Q-Man wrote:

I think I'm going to sell my walnut pair of Klipschorns so I could use another pair of bass horns for my new top end mod. I can always build myself a pair. I can't see breaking up another pair of Klipschorns. These walnut ones are too beautiful looking to do that to them.

----------------

Q-Man:

If you do decide to sell them, and if they are Oiled Walnut, let me know as I might be interested. I too am trying to match mine.

Heck, actually, if you are just trying to replace your walnuts, with something else that you want to modifiy, without tearing up a nice walnut model, maybe we can work out a trade, especially if BAX global is that cheap. I have a pair of birch that I want to replace with walnut.

Sorry about posting and not being very active. It is correct i let them go for $400. Didnt seem like i could get anymore for them, well atleast from the people that expressed interest before i closed the deal. Seems like the instant i closed the deal everyone and there brother started to show interest, go figure huh.

Kurt