Altec Lansing Santiago

garymd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 10/17/2003 1:23:38 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

McIntosh 275 $100 in Pennysaver today. Just kidding. But I'm gonna be checking from now on.
2.gif

----------------

Can't fool me. I read it last night.2.gif

Tomorrow morning should be interesting. I'm pretty sure they'll just blend in with the furniture and my wife won't even notice.6.gif I already gave her sufficient warning except my definition of sufficient is a little different than hers.11.gif

Gary,

Does your wife wear glasses? If so, get her some of those lenses that make everything seem smaller. I can't do that anymore since my wife had laser eye surgery.

BTW, if you FedEx a plane ticket, I will be there to help with the moving of the speakers. I can perform some diversionary tactics. I will bring those silly glasses, too.

fini

"Has anyone seen my Santiagos?"

"Why, no. Where did you put them last?"

LOL

My wife always asks when I'm looking for something:

Where did you see it Last ?

She has never understood that if I knew where I saw it last I wouldn't be looking for the Farging Thing !

She has never let me live down the time I was looking for one of my hearing aids and she gleefully pointed out that it was in my ear - I had removed my right side aid but had left the aid for the left one ( my really bad ear ) in place and the battery had died in the night. Our stereo and our bedroom are at opposite ends of the house and I had been listening to a CD just before nodding off.

My right side aid provides a degree of correction but is used primarily to reduce the rather large difference in hearing acuity between my right and left ears - When I am listening to music at a distance I find that removing the right aid and turning the left up a little yields a reasonable balance. On that occasion I had fallen asleep after removing the right aid.

They love it when they have a permanent ace in the hole 9.gif

Is anyone else having a kid's show theme song going through their heads? "Where-in the world--are Gary's Santiagos?"

fini

Note: That's not the one going through my head. I constantly have "Won't you be...my neighbor?" playing in my skull.

Fini,

If only you WERE my neighbor. You could tell my wife jokes while I sneak equipment into the house.9.gif You'd have to come up with some more schtick(sp?) then what I've heard so far though.2.gif Not that it wasn't funny but it takes a long time to drag 250lbs of speakers down a flight of stairs while my helper's out telling jokes.

• 1 month later...

The JBL 2225H sound worse than the Rat Shack. They were designed for ported enclosures. Not much air moving. The bass on the RSs may sound muddy, but there is bass at least. The JBLs are really flat. Looks like I'll have to wait for the reconing of the 411s.