Good scary movies

damonrpayne

Ya, The Ring is well done. That one is infected by a video image seemed a bit farfetched at first. At the end, though, one becomes to believe.

I must add that Angel Heart has some difficult issues of sex and incest. It is a necessary part of the plot. None the less, some people might be offended.

Gil

Let me throw on, The Exorsist. Big time.

I do not suggest starting reading the book anywhere near sundown. After the third chapter I had to go to bed with the lights on. It was too much to continue with into the night.

There was a re release of the movie in theaters a couple of years ago with Dolby surround. In the theater I saw it, the new sound was a bit overbearing.

Viewing the re release, I thought there was at least one extra scene. The older priest (Max Von Snowden?) visits an Arab official, obviously a friend, at his office in broad daylight to describe that he is being recalled to The States to handle a special project. (The old priest may have been modeled on Telard de Chardan, an archiologist and theologean, but probably not involved in the episode involving the Alexian Brothers which was the inspiration for the story.)

There is a clock on the wall ticking away, slowly. You can make out the Arabic numerals for the hours even in the unfamiliar Arabic running script where it is sideways to the Western style. As they talk, the clock stops working. What a portent! This ticking might have been in the surround channel.

Perhaps the scene is in the original release. I kept my eyes closed through much of it. I don't know if it is in whatever DVD or VHS you get at Blockbuster.

Be careful with your sanity. Smile.

Gil

The Top Ten:

10. Eraserhead

9. The Exorcist

8. Halloween

7. Don't Look Now

6. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

5. Nightmare on Elm Street

4. Suspiria

3. Night of The Living Dead

2. Repulsion

1. Psycho

I saw this on line. Must have been based on a fairly large vote count. I saw the Exorcist when I was 26 and Psycho when I was 13. They both scared the heck out of me but, I saw The Exorcist in the afternoon and never went to bed that night. Studied all night with every light in the house on. A guy can fight another guy or a creature but how the heck do you deal with the supernatural. If you havn't seen The Exorcist, give it a try.

Diggs, 28 Days was pretty good. Not really a horror per say but some very nice violence. Chick with the machete when her friend got infected around the beginning and when the main character gives the guy at the end the "two thumbs up" were awesome and a little unexpected.6.gif

Pinata: Survival Island with Jaime Pressly is the ultimate cheese horror!3.gif

Evil Dead 1 or 2 (2 is better but both are kind of the same story)

Friday The 13th part 1 to Jason-X (Just bought all of them, good laugh)

Darkness Falls actually scared me when I watched it alone with the lights off because light is the only thing that can protect you.

Childs Play 1 to Bride Of Chucky are good for laugh, just got all of these too.

Sorry about the campy stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...