Khorn project not looking so sweet

Flason

Flason, This is one of those posts where I wish we had the ability to change the Title: Project is looking Very Sweet!!!

Absolutely Fantastic job! I am truly impressed with the 7.99 Fabric from Jo-Anne's.........Looks better than the Original. You really have the touch when it comes to refinishing..........Keep us updated. Thanks for the Super Pictures!

Thanks for the kind words Bill. It was a lot of work, however, it was worth it. I am enjoying the sound of my Scott 299C with them right now. Too bad you're so far away, I would make you a sweet deal on the LaScala's. It's going to break my heart to sell them, but they don't really fit in the home theater like the Cornwalls do.

Anyone have an idea of who Bob N. might be? I was hoping it was one of PW's alias'.

----------------

On 11/11/2003 2:11:40 PM Flason wrote:

Thanks for the kind words Bill. It was a lot of work, however, it was worth it. I am enjoying the sound of my Scott 299C with them right now. Too bad you're so far away, I would make you a sweet deal on the LaScala's. It's going to break my heart to sell them, but they don't really fit in the home theater like the Cornwalls do.

Anyone have an idea of who Bob N. might be? I was hoping it was one of PW's alias'.

----------------

How do you like the Scott 299C hooked to your Cornwalls? Is the output sufficient to get the police to my home on a regular basis? My living room is large at 24 X 40. Im want an amp that will sound good and DRIVE my CW's

Tom, Just for clarification, the Scott is connected to my Khorns. That being said, your room is huge. My room is smaller. From the front to the rear of the room, along the long wall, I would say it's around 20' or so. I sit around half that distance to the speakers. The Scott plays fantastic from that distance, but not loud enough to get the cops called. I have grown to appreciate the music not so loud, but those times when the adult beverages kick in, the Scott gets as loud as I want. If I really want bust my butt loud, I will play the Cornwalls in the other room attached to the Parasound 220 WPC SS amp in 2 channel with the SVS kicking up the bass. But those times are few and far between. I have an audiophile friend that has a pair of $40K speakers, separate mono block tube amps, the whole real deal, and he seldom plays his music above the point where you couldn't hold a conversation. If you want "call the cops" loud, I would opt for something thats throwing out more than a mere 20 wpc. I have seen the Jolida tube amps that are rated at 100 wpc, but those are expensive. Of course if I had cash to spend, I would get a McIntosh MC275. I had a girlfriend with one and that was one helluva amp.

----------------

On 11/13/2003 7:54:47 AM Flason wrote:

Tom, Just for clarification, the Scott is connected to my Khorns. That being said, your room is huge. My room is smaller. From the front to the rear of the room, along the long wall, I would say it's around 20' or so. I sit around half that distance to the speakers. The Scott plays fantastic from that distance, but not loud enough to get the cops called. I have grown to appreciate the music not so loud, but those times when the adult beverages kick in, the Scott gets as loud as I want. If I really want bust my butt loud, I will play the Cornwalls in the other room attached to the Parasound 220 WPC SS amp in 2 channel with the SVS kicking up the bass. But those times are few and far between. I have an audiophile friend that has a pair of $40K speakers, separate mono block tube amps, the whole real deal, and he seldom plays his music above the point where you couldn't hold a conversation. If you want "call the cops" loud, I would opt for something thats throwing out more than a mere 20 wpc. I have seen the Jolida tube amps that are rated at 100 wpc, but those are expensive. Of course if I had cash to spend, I would get a . I had a girlfriend with one and that was one helluva amp.

----------------

You HAD, and I emphasize HAD a girlfriend who owned an MC275? You let her get away? That would have been reason enough for me to stay with her. Is she still available? j/k

And I was kidding about the getting the cops called regularly. Although I can already do that with my Adcom 5500 @ 200wpc.

Tom, had to give that GF up. She started out OK but got crazier every day.

John, No Harley's in that garage. For the price of 1 Harley, I have 2 bikes. One is a 2000 Yamaha RoadStar, which is great for riding the kids around. The other is a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior. This is a great bike for solo riding. It has a few mods done to it and is my favorite ride. Here's a pic. I will post a pic of the other bike when I get home.

post-3905-1381924989048_thumb.jpg

Mike, Nice looking bikes! The Roadstar reminds me of a cross between a Full dressed out Harley, and the fenders remind me of the Old Honda Dreams....of the 60's......

No Offense intended.......... Looks like you got some good bang for your Bucks! Be Careful out their...........