Cat Nailed my KG4

horn player

EAR

All who declaw cats should NOT have cats.Why not remove all teeth from your dog then?

HORSESH*t

We have lived with many feline companions over the years but one otherwise delightful companion came to us as an abandoned stray of about 3 years of age. She was feisty,sweet,smart,playful and affectionate cat - a real character. Her previous family had tossed her from car out in the country.

It took a while for her to accept us after we lured her into our house and it was then that we discovered a major behavioural issue. Scraps was a four footed mobile shredding machine. She tore up everything in sight !

Keep her away from temptation?

Can you spell Hou-Farking-dini ?

In any event we had her declawed rather than having her destroyed. She died peacefully about 12 years later.

My point is that while I shudder at the thought of declawing a cat I believe that in some cases such an action is ( as a last resort ) preferable to destroying a dear friend.

BTW - After declawing that little bugger she could still unroll a toilet paper roll in two minutes flat if we didn't stop her. Usually we'd just simply sit in the living room and giggle as she stripped the paper from the roll because of the rumperty-bumperty-dumperty sound and our recollection of the gleam in her eyes and the grin on her face when we had "busted" her in the past.

The only absolute that works is on the Kelvin scale and even that one is under seige these days.

lynnm,

Its ok to express yourself,just say HORSESH*t as loud as you can now...YES.You are doing well

Do you feel better mow?

In cases like yours I agree declawing is the most human way,but too often so called animal lovers buy animals for their retarded kids and then declaw the HELL out of them.Then after abusing the poor beasts the cruel humanoids(no not humans,they look human and should not have any rights)these creeps throw OUT the animal and let it slowly die in the street.

These people should not have kids or purchase any living creature.Not all people use common sense and were born with humanity in them.

Now tell me that is HORSESH*t,also.

Bill

You are confusing threads here. This thread is about cats attacking speakers. That said - No offense taken !

Ear

It would seem that we are in pretty much complete agreement here mon ami!

Scraps was the only cat that we have ever had declawed.Her destructive habits were deeply ingrained by the time we took her in. We had her declawed as our attempts to dissuade her from destroying everything in sight were utterly unsucessful and ultimately the choice was declawing or euthanasia.

Declawing a cat purely as a matter of convenience is indeed reprehensible.

Our remaining cat is 15 lbs, pushing 20 years (we got him as a stray, so we aren't sure), and has been declawed. He is an indoor cat, and will remain so. He has been the best cat we have ever had. Where did anyone get the idea that they cut off the toes anyway. The back claws are still pretty vicious when he jumps in your lap.

The only speaker damage I got was whenmy daughter pushed in the dust cap on one of my JBL tweeters. The grill was on! Didn't hurt the sound any, and I have been able to refrain from trying to fix it. That is one reason I would like LaScalas! They are a little more impervious to little fingers and claws.

Marvel

If this so inhumane why is it standard proceedure at every vet office? Surely if it were so cruel vets would abandon the process? Is nudering and spaying your animals cruel and inhumane too?

The only thing claws can do for an indoor cat is get it into trouble. If my cat were outside part of the time he'd still have claws, but he is not.

Cats have teeth too, comparing dogs' teeth to cats' claws is a poor comparison.

----------------

On 11/8/2003 12:33:36 AM TheEAR wrote:

Right on,declawed cats are handicaped cats,these poor little declawers know alls think cutting a part of the animal fingers is ok.Inflatd dumb baloon heads(oh some feel targeted,good you should).

My cat is 4 years old now,26lbs and no not fat just huge and has all his claws and they are sharp.Could open the declawers eyes with one pass,NEVER scratches any speakers.When he was younger he did bite cables,no longer the case.

All who declaw cats should NOT have cats.Why not remove all teeth from your dog then?

These pesky peeps claim they LOVE animals and yet they handicap them! Funny clowns

Now try to flame me

2.gif

Payback will be severe

----------------

Now do the math. Average CAT life 12-14. Indoor cats 18-20, outdoor cats 3-4. You even making a better case for indoor cats.

Yea, the best way to cure them is to what? Kick their little butts across the room?

----------------

On 11/7/2003 8:12:30 PM shank2001 wrote:

The average life expectancy of a cat is not 12-14 years. For indoor cats is it more like 18-20.

When I was a kid my cats were declawed. I vowed never again to do that to a cat. It is the lazy way to cure a cat from scratching. Taking away a cat's claws is horrible! How would you like having the first joint of all your fingers removed?!

Regards,

Sean

----------------

My cat did the same thing to one of my decorator cornwalls about a week after I got them. I was able to glue the small tears using a needle to close the holes. You can see where the dust covers were repaired if you look closely, but otherwise the repair is fine. I made similar covers for the cw woofers to the ones that were described in another post.

declawing cats requires cutting off the end of their digits at the first joint, which struck us as cruel. The organization we got our cat from had us sign a contract stating that we would not remove his claws. I imagine it would be difficult to punish us if we violated it, but my wife and I agree with the intent. He's an indoor/outdoor cat and going outside is a definite improvement in his life (at least that's what he says.) As well, he has a problem with crystals in his urine that can prove life threatening but is far less common in cats that go outside. He's actually been healthier since we started letting him out.