Ditch the cd's!

gtDark

Hello:

Now, let's see if I have this right, I get rid of my Cornwalls, Heresys, TT, pre-amps, Tuner-pre-amps, amplifiers, CD players, Tuners, tubes and cds. Most of mentioned can be easily (usually) repaired if it breaks down.

I buy an iPod, Computer, earbuds and each time one breaks or there is an upgrade, I toss what I have out and just buy new. So discussions over tubes, cables, cartridges etc are finally going to bite the dust. None of thos HUGE CDs, or building sized Albums. So they will probably eliminate those City - sized televisions or County sized Wall HDTVs, and we'll get watchman with magnifying glasses.

Alright, Woman's Tennis and Golf at my house!

Win dodger9.gif

I smell new marketing potential for BIG$$$$$$$

Hmmmmmm............."Our NEW wireless technology, literaly, makes the sound absolutely transparent" "None of that glassy sound that tubes make" or "no hard metal transistor sound. The music will be as warm as the air itself"

Of course the marketing department is not going to tell you what kind of 'warm air' this is, or were it came from.

3.gif

In all honesty, I see the day coming when you no longer collect recordings (video or audio). Youll simply be paying for unlimited access, to all the video & audio you can handle, on demand, anytime, anywhere, compressed or not, etc., all on one monthly statement with TV/radio/telecom, etc.

I am a Computer Science major at Virginia Tech, so naturally I am all about new technollogy.

I even would like to get a dedicated hard drive for mp3's and use it as a 300 disk CD player instead of buying one. BUT!!!! almost all MP3's quality sucks unless you make it yourself. Ipod probably can only hold 2 cd's at max quality.

I still would like to do the hard drive idea and use it as a 300 disk cd player then just get a Denon 2200 and use it as a single cd and DVD player. So I have quality with Denon, and mass with Computer.

----------------

On 11/11/2003 4:45:55 PM artto wrote:

In all honesty, I see the day coming when you no longer ‘collect’ recordings (video or audio). You’ll simply be paying for unlimited access, to all the video & audio you can handle, on demand, anytime, anywhere, compressed or not, etc., all on one monthly statement with TV/radio/telecom, etc.

----------------

Hello:

Living in Rochester, NY we have an Oldies station, WBBF-FM (93 FM) and it transmits on the AM side at 950, which was the original tuning area when I was young.

Yesterday, coming home from the Doc's, I turned it on - Christmas Music. Thought it was a joke - not even Thanksgiving.

Today I woke up, Christmas Music, regular morning DJ not on, another I like. Made a few inquiries - morning DJ's contract not renewed, we will get Christmas music ALL DAY and night until New Year's.

WBBf-FM and AM in Rochester, NY has not had the courtesy to return any phone calls even though the listener line and Station Operations Manager's voice mail stated they would.

Nor have they had the guts, gumption or whatever you may wish to call it to make an announcement, tell their DJs, tell the public, note anything on their website.

I can understand making a profit, but be honest. Christmas music 24 hours a day until New Year's?

If there is anyone that has listened to them or just is tired of being ignored - I will not shop at ANY advertiser that puts up with this - WBBF93 FM and 950 AM in Rochester, NY can be reached at area code 585-423-9800, wait for the prompt listener line comments.

Win dodger - I already left my phone number so if their legal department has a problem, I take full authorship and responsibility for this post.

8.gif

8.gif