who makes the best receiver 5.1?????

RDKing1199

Onkyo makes a good product, as do Denon and Pioneer. Brands I would avoid in this price range include Sony, JVC, and Panasonic. Kenwood, Yamaha, and Harmon Kardon I have no experience with...

Pick two or three models from a variety of manufacturers that have the features and power ratings you need and then do your homework by reading the owner-written reviews of those models at audioreview.com. Also, don't be afraid to buy last year's model (if available) - it's a great way to save some $$$ that can be used in other areas of your system.

What speakers are you running?

----------------

On 11/11/2003 4:14:29 PM Krispy Kirk wrote:

Onkyo makes a good product, as do Denon and Pioneer. Brands I would avoid in this price range include Sony, JVC, and Panasonic. Kenwood, Yamaha, and Harmon Kardon I have no experience with...

Pick two or three models from a variety of manufacturers that have the features and power ratings you need and then do your homework by reading the owner-written reviews of those models at audioreview.com. Also, don't be afraid to buy last year's model (if available) - it's a great way to save some $$$ that can be used in other areas of your system.

What speakers are you running?
----------------

The regular sony lines are crappy, but the Sony ES products are excellent.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3057192435&category=39801

Take a look at this Yamaha. Has the same specs as my RX-V1 which was top of the line 3 years ago and went for nearly 3 grand when current. ( I paid $1300 on closeout 2 years ago.)

Many bells and whistles. I think somebody here on the forum has one. Maybe he'll chip in.

Rick

I am running RF-7 Center channel, a beautiful pair of walnut La Scallas, a Kenwood K55D rear speakers and a Kenwood Model 11-2 receiver. I am kind of looking at the Pioneer Elite 55XTI receiver and the Pioneer Elite 47 Ai DVD player. I am trying to do my homework in finding the audio reviews on these particular models and I can't anything on the 55. Everything seems to be on the older models.

Or the comparable model on a Denon which would be what? Thanks for your time.

from personal experience, and plenty of ownership, the only three on the above list that are any good are the pioneer, denon, onkyo the rest are pure - - - -, they sound like boom boxes. but others to add are the hk line, yamaha, and a few others

MARKSDAD knows his stuff.

Outlaw receiver with a cool 2 channel used amp would be an option.

If you could find a used 2 channel B&K or Parasound.

Only thing is I do not believe the Outlaw has an analog pass through.