What ya'll think of Sony's new Dual 10" entry sub?

InnovaZero

I went to Circuit City, and in one of the sound rooms...they had Sony's new entry sub. Dual 10" w/ 250w's of power. The drivers accually looked semi serious, hellva lot better then the WM-40's(I think that was it.) It sounded decent, and had good power, esp. for only $299. Anyhoo have any of ya heard it yet?

Not that I need it, I have a Sunfire Sig., with a Pb2+ on the way by next month hopefully

LOL

Ha ha ha

See I just did

Sony subs have no chance at all against real subwoofers.Not a chance

If its US subs vesrus Russian subs then we talk,you know the nuclear powered subs 2.gif I was watching a story about the super torpedoes some modern Russian

have,oh boy these can travel at pver 200MPH under water!Killer gear

I want a real sub 9.gif

----------------

On 11/13/2003 5:03:02 PM TheEAR wrote:

have,oh boy these can travel at pver 200MPH under water!Killer gear

I want a real sub
9.gif

----------------

Talk about adding some "SLAM" to your bass! 11.gif. Hey, I did not know Sony made subs, as in the underwater, torpedo shooting kind. 9.gif

Tankhokie,

Super cavitation it is and the Russians have these super torpedoes,or underwater rockets since a few years now.Their research and advancement far surpasses any other similar water based weapons.These "torpedoes" cannot be evaded,when you have a 200 plus MPH device going after you in the water after a fat slow sub its RIP time.

The main falw was and may still be the one of these starts in the torpedo tube,...and BOUM.You have what caused the Kursk disaster.

I am sure these should be improved by now,safer.And less safe for the opposition too

Tubes should be redesigned to accomodate these torpedoes too,and have valves that open and eject gases incase of a malfuntion to ease the pressure in the inside lock door.

This device is called Shkval

• 5 months later...

Ive been a little interested in hearing some reviews of this sub myself, but cant seem to get much info on it. Some say its good, others say it sucks. To each his own. I dont have a sub yet and dont want to spend a fortune on one at this time. Another factor for me is living in a Condo, I wouldnt be able to play too much bass most of the time, dont want to disturb the neighbors. I havent heard the sub yet myself, but I find it interesting that it goes down to 20Hz which some more expensive brands dont go down that far. Im wondering if this would be a decent sub to fill in the lower octaves my KG 3.2's cant pick up. I wouldnt be playing the sub the hard keep in mind!

their headunits are alright, but nothing special, i prefer Clarion headunits myself.

Clarion deck and MB Quart speakers = awesome combo

Klipsch should get into the car speaker business 9.gif micro horn tweeters, 5.25 and 6.5" drivers yummy!!!!!!!.