Anyone buy from acousticsounddesign?

t-man

Has anybody purchased anything from Acoustic Sound Design.com? Was wondering if this is a authorized dealer, or if anybody had any neg or pos experiences with them.

Thanks,

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LD Player

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

t - I bought a set of Quintets (all 5 speakers) from them recently for $299, brand new in the box with all the original packing and manual. I don't think they are authorized, but for that amount of money I wasn't really concerned. Heck, you can replace a Quintet off e-bay for almost nothing. They shipped promptly (but UPS took forever) and everything was in fine shape. No double-boxing, though.

Doug

I bought a KSW-10 from them for $225. Paid for it by credit card, then arranged for my brother-in-law to pick it up. They actually dropped it off so he didn't have to make the trip. I saved both tax and shipping. It's great having relatives in other states, sometimes. Now if I could find a pair of Cornwall's near one of them.

------------------

Jim

SF-2 Mains

SF-1 Center (pair)

RS-3 Surrounds

RC-3 Rear Center

KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever

Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player

Toshiba SD-1200 DVD

Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

I bought my KLF-C7, RS-3's and Denon 4800 from them. They are not authorized but personally back the manufacturer's warranty. They will find an authorized service repairman in your area and send you to them at their expense. If there is no one in your area, they have you ship the product back to them (at your expense) where they have an authorized service repairman work on it. They then ship it back to you, at their expense. They are good people and I wouldn't think twice about doing business with them.

Mike

I guess my only caution would be on expecting service on big-ticket items (like a Denon 4800). Of course, big-ticket is a relative term. But my concern would be that they might not be around to honor the warranty. The business failure rate, especially for .bombs/.gones, is pretty high. Maybe I'm just skittish after getting burned by Cyberrebate.com's recent Chapter 11 filing Frown.gif

Doug

Thanks for you input, guys. Here today, gone tomorrow is definitely a concern. There response to my emails is amazing (within minutes). It just seems so good to be true. I think I'll give it a try. The local Tweeter won't budge on MSRP, and they don't know what they are doing anyway. The salesman told me today that the RF-3 was top of the line, and that the RS3 were dipoles. Oh yea, and Klipsch aren't good for bass, and that all there speakers are made to be used with a sub, and not by themselves. Apparently this was an easier explanation for him, than realizing he had them hooked up all wrong, and they sounded terrible. I just looked at him and said "whatever".

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LD Player

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this site yet. You want to buy online? Always check here first.

http://www.audiosurvey.com/cgi-local/mailorder.pl

It is an excellent consumer site, where users vote for and write about various online vendors. After checking this site out, I purchased a center and a sub from one of the highly rated sites, and have been very happy with both. My local dealer actually marks UP from what Klipsch charges, and they have lied to me on several occasions. It is well worth it to me to buy online, saving literally hundreds of dollars in the process.

This message has been edited by belial on 06-05-2001 at 06:14 PM

Oh, one other thing about acousticsounddesign. They DO seem intent on doing a good job, as they ask you to provide feedback to a couple of ratings sites after you deal with them, and they will give you free shipping on your next purchase if you provide feedback (and they don't say it has to be positive feedback!). Seems like they are trying to build a good reputation.

Doug

If you have a Dealer who won't budge on the MSRP they are not worth purchasing from. The MSRP is a guideline thats all and does not mean that is the "set" price. As they say, credit doesn't rule everything, cash can still do ALOT of talking...OH YEAH! Eyes.gif