• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so good!

Its so good!

Its so good!

Its so good!

I'm done with the 1st disc now. Amazing how much code I can write, only switching over to the DVD when I hear a new scene come on. If you've ready the books, the new scenes are just freaking awesome1@~!

OK. I'm OK now. Back to work

I assume you are talking about the two different versions of the "Extended Edition" ?

There is one other difference besides the gollum thing. The big one is a 5 disc set. The extra disc contains the original (theatrical) version of The two towers, in case you wanted to have both regular and extended for comparison's sake.

I just got the regular extended edition. I'm crazy about the movies but not crazy enough to decorate my house with LOTR bookends and gollum figurines.

And, got to watch the whole thing last night: MAN IT WAS SO GOOD. Still not sure if I like it better than the extended edition FOTR, but man it was good.

----------------

On 11/19/2003 11:38:09 AM m00n wrote:

What does the extra footage concentrate on or were you even able to easily tell what was added? It's been a while since I seen 2 towers, if I watched the new extended version I may not notice the new scenes.

----------------

Spoilers below

Don't read if you want to be surprised by the extra footage.

Most of the stuff is a couple minutes here and there.

-A scene about elven rope

-A more detailed scene where Elrond tries to convince arwen to sail across the sea

-The hobbits drinking ent draught and growing taller

-A scene where Saruman realized gandalf has found isildur's heir

-a cool scene where aragorn reveals that he is 87 years old

-a long flashback when Faramir thinks about his dead brother boromir

-A more detailed scene where Faramir lets frodo and sam go at the end

That's all I can remember. Its definately a much better movie

That about sums up the good changes. The table of contents has asterisks next to the new scenes so you'll be able to figure it out. They should just release the full movie in the theatres the first time and have an intermission. It's much better with the additions. Nazgul dragons have awesome bass.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I got this a few weeks ago, had a friend from work come over with is sister. We watched it. I was blown away at how dynamic the DTS-ES soundtrack it. Wow Wow Wow... If I ever had doubts that DTS was better than DD, I don't anymore because I had ensured that DTS-ES was picked when I put disk 1 in. Disk 2 I had forgotten to choose it, about 3 minutes into it, I realized it was in DD by looking at the display, I changed it to DTS-ES and could immediatly tell a difference.

m00n, where you watching this on your sick-*** home theatre? or through a computer?

the reason i ask, is cuz i have promedia 5.1's on a computer that's video out is pumped to a tv.

i watch my dvd's through powerdvd and wondering how to change the regular dolby 5.1 to the DTS ES one you were talking about

----------------

On 12/13/2003 11:01:31 PM mineral wrote:

m00n, where you watching this on your sick-*** home theatre? or through a computer?

----------------

Heh.. thanks. My theater. As far as getting DTS to work on your pc, I have no idea. Do you need a soundcard that supports DTS? I really have no idea. 4.gif

hmm i starting reading into your site there, noticed you're looking into goo systems 'goo' for your screen. man does that stuff ever look nice from their screenshots.

by any chance were you looking into them because they are located close to you? kingston, ontario is but an 90 minute drive from me.