How does my HT look? please post comments.

Jw_Leonhart

Nice changes, did you build the racks or buy them? VERY BIG RACKS! Lots of room to grow there, cough cough, seperates, cough, hehe j/k 2.gif I wish I had a larger rack to store my gear, I am out of spaces if I were to buy anything else, heck, I had to double up on the HTS 2600, my Denon sits on top of it. I will build an in wall rack in my next house, until then it's gotta do 9.gif Keep up the good work. Have you thought of painting the wood on the Mits black to match the racks?

Thought about it but no... the TV was my fathers and had some sentimental value too it, ontop of that it is real wood, not some cheap plastic crap.

Anyways, as you can see I have a Quintet satellite in each corner of my room, I am looking to upgrade the fronts to SB-1's perhaps or maybe SB-2's. Is there someway to wall mount them without them lookin' too out of place? I hope there is something I can do to put them on a wall otherwise it will be awfully wierd.

I don't like how the satellites only get down to about 200Hz or so, it annoys me sometimes because it just seems like they give off too much treble and they don't get down low enough.

That's a good reason not to paint it. Real wood is good though, if it was plastic crapola then paint away!!!

As for the SB's, no can do on wall mounting, they are rear ported and need to breath and with it mounted on a wall it wouldn't sound the best. Maybe get some stands, move the racks to the side a little and put the SB's in between each rack next to the tv, that would work, may not be that bad looks wise, just mess around with the idea and see where it goes I guess 1.gif

Hmm thanks guys. Now without the mounting on the walls I have to take this into consideration? How would it be if perhaps I put them on the outside of the system, right nex to both equip. racks, then have the rears on the walls facing in? Good idea or bad in terms of sound quality? Thanks guys.

Actually I found that hilarious. The boots are my cousins and get forbid someone moves them he goes anal wondering where they are in the morning because all his clothes are right in front of the couch for him to get changed... don't ask why.

also, I had just finished settings it up when I had taken these pictures and I just couldn't hold back taking pictures of it. Right now the setup is a little different actually. I cleaned most of it up and the subwoofer is moved behind the couch which makes a much better effect.

hey JW, saw that you got the HE70K receiver. Just wondering how you like that amp. I just got it like a week ago to power my sony speakers. However, this is the most confusing receiver i had ever doubt with. Do you know if the tonal control on that thing works when its in DD and DTS mode???

oh well, it was only $150, and its only used to watch cable TV and game consoles.

Very nice. Oh by the way I didn't like the SA-HE70k that much... one reason I upgraded. It also stopped working right when it went out of warranty. Back channels just blew... Other than that I thought it was a nice reciever, just the life-span wasn't that great on it. Another 2yrs. would have been nice. LOL

hmmmm, i hope this thing dont blow on me or i will be REAL PISS. It does sound pretty decent for a $150 receiver. I read so many good reviews on it though, did you push that thing really hard and had it in a bad temperature condition. But the look on your pic seem to be likes its was treated fairly well. LOL< or you probably got the lemon of the bundle, shucks, better not jinx myself lol