Need a measurement of a 7591 tube in a scott 299c or 299d.

arfz28

Anywon out there have a scott 299c or a 299d that has the new and taller electo harmonics 7591 tubes in it? I need a measurement of how tall they are. Can someone measure (with the tube in place in the amp) from the bottum of the silver plate or chassis were all the tubes are at,and tell me precisly how tall that tube stands while in place.

I have built 5 extra cabinets for a scott 299a, I think I might have enough clearance for these cabinets that they might fit a 299c or 299d with the after market bigger electro harmonics 7591 tubes but I am not for sure.Can someone take a measurement for me. THANKS ALL.

bclarke421,Thanks for your help but I couldnt find any information on a measurment of a electro hormonics 7591 tube length at www.2baudio.com. Surly someone is running these tubes in their scott 299c or 299d that could give me a measurment. Please help, THANK YOU.

Man this is going to be one tight fit, with my cabinet maxed out with its adjustable feet I can come up with right at 3 and 7/16 of an inch, I will be clearing the 7591 tubes by a 16th of an inch, that is close.This is done by actually cheeting a little bit by raising the feet on the back of the cabinet by a little bit more then the front feet on the cabinet, makes the cabinet not perfectly level but you would never tell by looking at it.The grating I am using still should give the 7591 tubes plenty of air flow I dont think that would be a problem.My el84 tubes in my scott 299a are 2and 3/4 inches tall, small compared to the 7591 at 3and 3/8 inches I have a lot of clearence with my cabinet with the el84 tubes.Thanks for all the help guys, I know now that I am in the ballpark on making the cabinet fit these taller 7591 tubes.

Arf,

I made it back to St. Louis from the great northwest and you are invited down to listen to the khorns at your convenience! Feel free to bring one of your extra cabinets if you want - I'm looking for one.

Glad to hear you can shoehorn the new 7591s in, as they can be a real ***** at fitting.

Hey sheltie, I would like to come up to St Louis some time and stop by for a while and listen to your system.Did you ever have that get together you was talking about having in november? I can save you a cabinit if you want one, what model scott do you want the cabinet for?Hopefully I will have a digital camera in the next couple of weeks and I will post some pictures of the scott cabinets I have made.

Arf,

I spent all of October and the first half of November in Washington, so no get together yet15.gif

I do have two 299cs and an LK72, all without cabinets, and our ten month old would be very happy to pull vacumm tubes at a moment's notice. I thought you were up in Troy, or has my mind slipped another two cogs?

Im around an hour drive south of St Louis Dave. Send me a PM where you are located in St louis.You amps would be a wounderfull tryout for a cabinet, that way I would know for sure if they would clear those 7591 tubes.I hear you are warming up Deang old quicksilvers, I bet you will enjoy them.

Tillmbil, yes I am going to try and sell the 5 I have made up, Sheltie dave might be interested in one, I can send you one to to try out and see if it will fit those taller electro harmonics 7591 tubes.Pm me your name and address and I will send you one out, It will probably be after thanksgiving before I can send it we are haveing thanksgiving at my house so it will be busy here for the next few days.