KSW-15 sub with LaScala....

cwm

I have a line on a KSW-15 sub and wonder if it would be an appropiate match for my LaScalas in speed and musicality. The price seems reasonable here in Ontario, Canada, but Audioreview etc. gives a mixed bag of reviews re: its use for music. Whats the concensus on here?? TIA.

The discontinued KSW subs are not generally well liked here... and have since been replaced by the RW series.

The RSW series was, and still is, Klipsch's top of the line subs... but cost substantially more.

Given you are in Canada, your should give the Paradigm PW2200 subs a look... although they are only a 12" it should do a better job at keeping up with your LaScala. It would compare favourably with a Klipsch RSW12

Good luck...

Rob

I have a ks-w15 sub and although I haven't used it with my khorns (yet) I will say it's a fine product. Sure, the rsw is better and nicer to look at but it's also $1000 more.

If you can get a good deal on the ksw15 and it's local I'd jump on it. You don't see them on ebay often and for good reason! The used KS-W12's sell for roughly $330 on ebay. If you can get the 15 for less than that locally ...get it!

Colin,

With all due respect to the LF10 and 12 a RSW15 beats them and knocks them out cold. 1.gif

To answer the original question...NO A KSW15 is not a good match for large Klipsch Heritage speakers.

The RSW15 has the fortitude and quality to back them up,a Revel B15 would do an even better job and keep all the way up to beyond 120dB with ease!

Thanks for the input guys, based on the input here I think I'll pass (no offense to BigBusa), maybe its time to check out one of the SVS line. Unfortunately my ULD-12 has "chafing" problems at high levels from abuse I never gave it, so its not one of the better "used" buys I've made. I've had it for years though and used to run it with ESL57s and, to my ear, it blended quite well. Again thanks.

I haven't read anyone else on the forum who has tried the Cambridge Soundworks P1000 with their Scalas... but I have been quite pleased with their performance. It also has a remote control and sep. control module to get everything dialed in right. Hifi.com will take it back no questions asked after 45 days, if you don't like it.

• 4 weeks later...

The Cambridge Soundworks P1000 are no match for large Klispch speakers,their deep bass output is weak.Unless most listeing will be at low levels I would stay away from any Cambridge subs,Sunfire makes very compact subs with REAL subsonic might.

Compare the P1000 to just the Sunfire Mark IV,its very clear the Mark IV take a very large lead in power.Also Earthquake makes some very high quality and very capable subs their 12 and 15" variants are real matches for large Klipsch.

Companion,

I would look at a RW10 or 12 to go with your speakers. KSW's are not as clean and defined.