The Happiness Log

sheltie dave

Guest Anonymous

Happiness is knowing you never have to use again

Happiness is my business running smmoth wihout me there

Happiness is my daughter jumping in my arms and saying I finished all my homework early just so I can spend the rest of the night playing with YOU!

Happiness is getting the perfect sounds from my Klipsch

Happiness in FELLING the movie, not just watching it

Happiness in a warm BJ

Happiness is a great massage

Happiness is a great cup of coffee in the morning And a great crap

Happiness is a new hobby

More to come later3.gif

Happiness is discovering that after 46 years on this earth, that even though you had all but convinced yourself that you didn't want kids and would make a terrible father, a 4 year old child whom is not yours looks at you like your the most wonderful thing (aside from her mom) in her life and asks, "Can I call you Daddy and not Tom?"

And gives you a piece of paper on your birthday that reads, "Tom I love U".

Ok...gotta quit before the tears hose up my keyboard.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/4/2003 12:36:09 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

Happiness in a warm BJ

Happiness is a great massage

Happiness is a great cup of coffee in the morning And a great crap

------------------------------------------------------------------

Smilin,

You are as twisted as I!
1.gif

Tom
----------------

Tommy,

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but probably I am one of the Honest Open ones who does not care about being hinself

11.gif

Happiness is still having your dad around when last Feb they said he had 3 months to live. It's been a long year, he is not out of the woods yet. (Cancer) Keep your faith and prayers up. It does help. He is in the Hospital again.

Building your dream house, and be 99% happy with everything you sweated for, and worked hard for putting it together, with great advice from friends on this board.

Being a dad and husband to a wife that really does feel you complete her..and you feel the same emotionally and physically about her. (Baby due Feb 04, a boy, our second!!)

Understanding true commitment and service to yourself and country seeing your brother in law, who is a ATTNY, give up his practice and actually go to Iraq and defend what we all take for granted.. for 18 months... leaving behind a wife and 4 young kids. So maybe someday... his kids will never have to. (Sorry to get politcal Trey)Update, he is now home!

Helping others achieve their dreams by believing in them and futures and doing anything you can to help them too.

Watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and realizing it is about who you touch in this life that matters. Black n white version, who cares how many times? It is my favorite movie.

(If you never have seen it, you owe it to yourself!)

Tom, your post made me cry too. In the middle of typing this now, my 2 yr old girl gave me a picture that she skribbled/drew of "baby" Roger on the way. It is complete with things were working on for her to identify by name like eyes, ears, a nose, a smile, and hair. As she points em out to me by name, she said,"Daddy this is for you... a picture of baby Roger". And wanted a kiss. My turn to melt.

For all the friends I met here last June in Indy, or will meet off of the board in the future. Who would have ever thought a love of audio speakers would have also found such wonderful people to BS, talk shop, argue, and still be friends afterwards with. Keep those older Cornwall vertical II's coming. On the side as a center!!

Happiness is successfully keeping your baby's feet out of the stinky tooty diaper long enough to wipe his bottom and get rid of the hazardous waste.9.gif

He is a thirty pound eleven month old gorilla, and I am looking forward to him being able to help me horsing the speakers around in two years!

On a more shallow note:

Brought home a new (NOS, actually!) 36" HD to replace the ailing 40" projo. $900, 1yr old, fresh in the box. Looks fantastic, and I can't wait to get something to display HD on it. I'll have to wait, unfortunately.

20252349.jpg

It's no log, but....

Happiness is watching the 120 pound guard german shephard from the crack house next door jump the four foot fence into our yard, only to lay on the grass and let our 30 pound sheltie tell her who is the boss in our yard. Since we are the only ones to pet her 90% of the time, she loves us and obeys our commands.

Happiness is knowing when we move this week, there will be zero visitors at the houses next to us between midnight and four in the morning.

Happiness is realizing that in St. Louis, "neighborhood stabilization" means preserving a decrepit house worth under $20,000, at the risk of having a double income family living next door in a far more valuable anchor property be driven out by criminal activity in the 20K house11.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Happiness is watching your little bro, operating in a Stryker company over in Somarrah, for five minutes on ABC's "Nightline." The oldest seargent in Mike's company is 24 years old, and everyone else is under 21, but they showed a great deal of discipline during the night raids.

The reporter was with Mike's Stryker for a week, and even learned how to pronounce our last name (Shekleton) correctly. It was a great relief to see Mike walking and talking, and we are overjoyed for his wife and kid!

Having served for six years active, I was glad to see the soldiers trying to treat all with as much respect as they could, and I pray that all can be resolved with peace and fairness.

Happiness is living in a constitutionally limited republic.

Hapiness is still having sweaty, lose your breath, need a nap love making after 23 years of monogomy with the same lady. Perhaps not as often of course! HEHE

Happiness is having the last 2 weeks off with my wife and kids.

Hapiness is having a stable consitutional government in Iraq so our armed forces can depart soon.