Moondogs are not made of chicken bones!

jazman

One thing that is all too apparent. This forum rarely improves with exposure, education, and experience. The same mistakes, misconceptions, and faulty conclusions are repeated ad nauseam while extenuating circumstances, conditions, variables, and factors are missed one place, found another, overlooked the next, or dropped altogether. HL Mencken had it right...

It is like anything in print. It does not matter whether it is the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Wahsington Post or the Klipsch forum; education comes from thinking for yourself, not becoming a clone of someone elses ideas.

You can have all of the mega dollar equipment down to the gnats rump and the 3 largest varialbes still exist.

1. A persons hearing perfromance; if you have hearing only to 11 khz, you cannot fully perceive the music or equipment performance.

2. A persons musical preferences; I do not have to hear "Won't Get Fooled Again" or "Toys in the Attic" on a 2A3, I intuitively know it would not satisfy me. 2A3 for Diana Krall in the bedroom for mood music maybe.

3. A persons room limititations; Craig has seen my house and I have seen his, we will never have K Horns and I never listen to speakers in a "nearfield" setting. I like filling a larger room with music so you can add chairs and get 4-6 people involved on some occasions.

The banter makes you think.

Funny how many liberals listen to Rush Limbaugh(I rarely do, and I am conservative); it is a credit to their well rounded life experience objectives.

Always remeber opposing views are healthier than the setting of the old USSR or RED China.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic