MY LUCK!!!

PhilMays

OK, Friday evening my second Yamaha Rx-V3300 fried!

On my first one The right channel just quit working.

On this unit, the rear channel was not working and when examining the rear of the unit it "clicked" off in a puff of smoke.

My delima...The dealor will allow me to get a Denon 4802 for a replacement if I would like for a few hundred dollars.

I really, really, like the Yamaha product but am wondering if I should go witrh the Denon product. When I originally went this route they told me the Yamaha was more user friendly with more DSP's but they also said the Denon had a better build quality.

What would you do.

The Denon is nice and easy to use and setup, in addition it will sound alot better when mated with Klipsch speakers than that Yamaha ever would. I up until recently had the Denon AVR-4800 and thought it was a fantastic unit. I would have gone with the 4802 or 4802R but they dropped the tape monitor feature from them and I would not be able to run my DBX array through them and I got a hell of a deal on the B&K Ref 50 so here I am. I am certain you will be pleased with the Denon unit, as stated once in your hands you will not look back.

I have been using Yamaha products since before anyone even knew what a Denon was.

I have not had a single problem with any of the Yamaha equipment I have owned....ever. There are always those few bad units in the bunch. This goes for ANY brand. Very bad luck there alright!

As far as "Yamaha sounds bright" with Klipsch, I don't find that at all with my set-up. Sounds clean and crystal clear to me. I will not speak of other brands as I have never hooked them up in my listening room with my current speaker set-up, so I do not know how they would perform here. Guess I'm one of the few die-hard Yamaha dudes...Ha~!

Good luck...

Mike (The Yamaha/Hsu Underdog)

2.gif

My RX-V3300 has been a workhorse since I bought it a few months ago.

If you like the unit then try another, sounds like they might have had a bad batch in that store or something.

I bet you are glad you bought it from an authorized dealer now eh?

Anyone who owns a current Yamaha know that the brightness that Yamaha has been known for in the past is gone, IMO Denon's sound too dark and muddy and ruin the sweet upper end that Klipsch speakers produce.

The Denon is a nice piece as well and if you like the sound then go for it..its really up to you since you are the one who has to listen to it every day.

My RX-V3300 is my 3th HT receiver that I have owned since I got into the HT end of the audio hobby 6 years ago.

The first was a Denon , then a Sony ES finally the Yamaha.

The Yamaha is my favorite by far for various reasons.

I have a Yamaha integrated amp with the Reference 7 package. I've been looking to upgrade, and was reviewing the Denon AVC-A1SR (Not sure it's the same model number in the US, but it's their top end A/V Amplifier). After much research, I've decided the Yamaha's sound is about as good as any, short of going to separates where you definitely find improvement.

Denon and Yamaha both put out good, though different, sound. If one sounds better to you, that's the obvious choice. If not, go with the features you like. You may have had bad luck - I've never had (or even heard of) quality problems with Yamaha. Good luck.

I will have to admit that I love the yamaha "sound". I do not care for the front effects as I could not tell a huge difference with them on or off. I also dislike 6.1 and would rather have a 7.1 set-up.

Having said that, I am leaning to ordered the Denon 4802R. Tomorrow I will audition the 3803 on the Klipsch speakers to see if I like it.