This is what happens when ...

Deang

I don't even have a cat. That picture was sent to me through email. I have no idea whose cat it is.

Neo, if you bought a 40 year old car, wouldn't you get it checked out and have suspect parts replaced? You're not making any sense. Also, the stock caps are absolute and complete crap to begin with, and after this much time -- there is sure to be some leakage. Even decent electrolytics are only good for 15 to 20 years at the most. For cryin out loud, at least make it a real amp if you're going to listen to it.

Well - none of my parts have been replaced and let me check..

Yep, I don't function nearly as good as the earlier version of me. In fact there seems to be a direct link between my mind's 'groan' center and my knees.

None of this stops me from rationalizing and saying stupid things like "It's not how old you are, It is how old you feel". Blah, blah, blah...2.gif

"except brain cells"

At least my brain is still functional 1.gif. Seriously, for me I don't think it is a good idear to totally rebuild a vintage amp but only replace the necessary parts for it to continue functioning. What sounds good to me may not for you and vice versa. A piece of junk to someone might be a pot of gold for another no matter how you look at it. It's a relative thing.

As far as brain cells go, I believe in survival of the fittest. Once I'm done killing off the weaklings....I should be absolutely brylyent!

DaddyDee...I particularly like threads that develop a life of their own, kinda like medusa meets ceberus....a multi headed can of worms.