Santa Craig came early

NOSValves

Well I have been tossing around what to get for myself this Xmas ! I was thinking a new cartridge, Quad of GEC KT66, Upgrade my new C333ES and so on. But then I remembered my local test equipment rebuilder had some great pieces that I really wanted and the tax right off would come in handy ! So here is what I picked up.

Top of the line vintage rebuilt and calibrated Sprague Cap TO-6A analyzer real sweat piece

Test32.jpg

Heath/Schlumberger Regulated HV Power supply this jewel does it all . B+ tapps , Negative Voltage Bias Taps and 6.3/12.6 AC heater taps. What a great piece for tube audio design !

Test22.jpg

Now I just have to have time to play with the new toys ! off to work

post-7461-13819250709418_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Dear Santa Craig,

Enjoy the EARLY Chanuka/Christmas present, use it in good health, test a lot of tubes2.gif and be Happy!

Now get back to work so you can make the forum members happy for the holidays also!6.gif

Smilin for u9.gif

Nice whatcha macallit Craig, hope it helps expedite repairs.

I just stopped by Ratshack and picked up a 25watt solder, a 46 something digital ohm meter, and some lead free silver rosin, next question is what to do with them. Is the 25watt the correct or should I have gotten a 30-40watt?

Lead free silver bearing rosin? Sound right to you?

Watch out Craig it could spell trouble for you. Anyway you might hear from me over the Holidays. Two projects in mind: 1-bias the Scott, 2-replace caps on my PAs3.

When I'm done I'm sure nothing will work but you have to start somewhere.

By the way Craig, this weekend I got a special treat I wasn't expecting. I brought out the old Christmas music CDs. I mean the way old stuff.

Bing Crosby

Elvis

Frank Sinatra

I was playing some others that are classics and I don't even know the artists names right now (at work). But it was old stuff. Jingle Bell Rock... aal those. My parents got me these compiled CDs years ago.

But this was the first time I actually played these type of really old recordings on the tubes. Man, it just seemed to sound like that's how it was meant to be. Music from the day being played on equipment from the day. My '73 corns are actually the weak link cause they are too new!2.gif

But it was like heaven. My neighbors came over for a little vino, and they commented on the vintage tunes. 9.gif9.gif

Steve,

They are exactly where there were since they got here ! Nothing will happen with them until your turn comes up I know your a special guy but all my customers are special 2.gif Patience I can only do one thing at a time!

Bill,

I can post square waves of the Mac no problem. But what I'm doing to the Mac is not going to change Square waves a bit. This is not a amp that is friendly to big modifications. Besides there not really required Mac new what they were doing. I'm just freshening it up. I did have a great conversation with another member of the forum about this amp last night he has the same one and went through the upgrade process with Classic Audio I believe. I recieved some great advise.

Craig

PS guys this is really not the place to discuss are dealings. I get enough heat around here. Ask your questions and requests through email or give me a call. If ya know what I mean ! As mucg as having a NOS Valves forum would be cool this ain't it !!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/15/2003 3:56:56 PM NOSValves wrote:

Steve,

They are exactly where there were since they got here ! Nothing will happen with them until your turn comes up I know your a special guy but all my customers are special
2.gif"
Patience I can only do one thing at a time!

---------------

OOOHHHH Craig,

Take a chill pill, remember, for me to have patience, you must be VIRTUOUS

2.gif Are U?11.gif

Get back to work

Stop posting

C ya Soon

Smilin16.gif

Hey Mark, I have been doing the same thing. I have Bing Crosby and Frank on Albums bought from goodwill for a dollar each. I sit with my back to the speakers when working on the computer and the other night they scared the s*** out of me. I thought someone came into the room it sounded so real. If you have some of these recordings on records check them out.

Mike,

yes it has a good number of tubes in it but I am not sure what they are. I'm pretty sure it uses 2-6L6GC and then 2 more that I'm not sure what they are ! I will look for you if you want.

Rick,

I do not work on Ford parts I live in a purely GM town LOL !!

Craig