Set of Cornwalls looking for a good home

cparker

Okay. I have some more information and a pic. I will get more pictures later if necessary.

1983 Cornwalls sn 34Y654 and 34Y655. Original finish is C-OO (oiled oak). Both were refinished with oil based minwax oak stain and top coat of polyurethane (followed advice from Klipsch); also replaced black cloth on both cabinets.

Internal parts are all original. Speakers sound great and finish is very nice except for water stain on top of 34Y655. Second owner in same house (purchased along with house). Never moved around, never abused. Powered by Bang & Olfusen Beomaster 5000.

Smoked glass was custom cut for tops after stained occurred and is included. Will ship in US. Buyer pays all shipping cost and insurance from Philadelphia. PA. These are beautiful speakers. Sincere offers only please.

post-14023-13819250773688_thumb.jpg

Just as an FYI.

If you have a price in mind you would like for these then you need to say it. I believe most of us here prefer this method instead of getting into a bidding war. If we were going to do that then we would make our way to ebay or audiogon. This is a site with devoted klipsch fans and are very reasonable and have a great understanding of what a fair price would be.

Just my 2 cents.

Scooterdog,

Thanks for the info. I do not quite understand what code of conduct I have violated. I thought the market would turn out the real value for these speakers, rather than me putting my subjective view on the issue. Pricing for Cornwalls is admittedly subjective. Aside from a small water mark on top of one speaker, these two are in excellent shape. According to responses from others on this forum, Cornwalls top out around $1000 per set. I think these Cornwalls are worth more like $1400, but that is my opinion. If someone wants to offer less, I will not be offended and someone may get a good deal on some nice speakers.

Best regards,

C Parker

Please bear with the Klipsch newbie here. I'm trying to get a feel for pricing. There have been 6 sets of Cornwall speakers sell on Ebay in the last 30-45 days. They ranged from $599.99 to $967.00, with the average of $750.00. So, what is special about these that would bring $1000+? Not trying to be mean or ugly, just really trying to learn. My only dealings with Cornwalls was less than a year ago when my buddy bought a walnut pair from a vintage audio dealer in Austin for $350 and they were mint. Do I need to be looking a specific year model or types of drives used?

C.,

you haven't violated any code of conduct. It just makes things happen faster with more people if you tag things with a price. $1400 ONO works great. They do look beautiful, and if you can get the premium you are wanting, more power to you!

The Ebay range cited is a fair indication of market value. The most coveted Cornwall veneers are Mahogany, Zebrawood, and then Walnut. Oak and Birch are the red headed stepchildren of the group, being more common, but yours would look great in our natural oak living room. I need to stay married, though2.gif

Check threads in 2 channel and updating old speakers to find members looking for Cornwalls - you might find someone who hasn't logged in recently who would love your speakers. Good luck!

Too bad you replaced the grills. They are nice but do have a water stain as you stated. The only CW1s I know of that are possibly worth $1400 or more are mine and Chris Kings (notice I'm not including older and rarer verticals).

I'm not interested but I'd say yours would go for about $750 - $900 in an auction. I'm certainly not setting a price for you but I think you have to be realistic. The folks here know the value of these better than anyone in the world. Close to mint walnut CW1s usually end up around $900 - $1000 on ebay.

Best of luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I thank everyone who replied for their advice. This is a good forum and I appreciate the education.

Those of you following this topic know that I have been helping an associate who travels alot and has asked me to sell his speakers. IMO $1400 is a fair price if you were to see and hear these speakers in a show room, but it is obvious that the market price is lower. Seller would accept $1000 for these Cornwalls. I do not know if he will take less. Buyer pays shipping or pick up in the Phila/South Jersey area.

Thanks again for the education. Contact me if you have any interest.

Best regards,

cparker

• 3 months later...

Dear Tim

The Cornwalls are still on the market. My name is Scott and I am the owner. I will let them go for $750.00 fot he pair but you will have to arrange for pickup or pay all shipping cost.

Please respond directly to my e-mail account. MeaMan@msn.com

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the reply and offer. As I look back I did not notice Philly as the origin. Let me get a shipping price and get back to you. I have not had good luck with shipping. Two out of three items arrived but worse for the wear and could not be used.

Thanks and I will get back to you by weeks end. Curious about the water stain, the refinishing did not take it out?

Tim

• 3 weeks later...