Nobody to share the joy with

greg928gts

It is rough out there sometimes. I feel for ya . No one to share your passion for a fine system. On your birthday no less they could of been more receptive or at least pretended to care or enjoy it. Its hard if your not into audio because you just hear "it sounds good" ya just can not expect much more I guess. On my birth day or around the holidays I get a little more sensitive for some reason. The feeling will pass and you will be feeling fine soon. Hay I am feelin blue to my GF of about 4 years decided to split yesterday. When asked why "I am just unhappy and don't know why" not much I can do about "I don't know why" So it could be worse for you as well as for me . Better days around the corner. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Joel

My system is for me, and me only. I don't look for friends, and I can count the ones that I do have on one hand. I do all I can to discourage a relationship.

I'm not a people person, I much prefer to be alone.

This Forum is different. I guess I found people with a common interest. I enjoy reading most of the topics, and I've learned a lot here. I try to contribute when I can.

In his Stereophile review of the Epos ELS-3 Robert Reina writes " .. cranked up this great tune to around 95dB .. (the wife and kids weren't home)." It happens to everyone. I waited for my wife to leave this AM before playing a few tunes myself, while reading that article.

Leo

Q-Man just gave me a great Idea that might just work. We should all quit being so enthusiastic about having other here are system and start charging a small fee to let them invade are sanctuary! Heck I bet we generate great interest and makes some bucks to boot 2.gif

I feel your pain,,,,after we had our first son my mother-in-law came over and said,,,now you can get rid of those speakers and that sports car...ROFL...i said yea thats going to happen.The best ones are when people come over and the music is about 100db and they say what are those things.Then this guy bought some K-horns in KC ,i tracked him down to help him out,,,it was like ,why are you here...i told him..hey man those are suppose to be in corners he said they sound fine,,,,i just shook my head asked myself why did i even try...i did have my wifes nephew come by to get something and had Pearl Harbor movie on and he said real loud...now thats a sound system,,,,i felt like a million bucks that day...oh well some get it but most dont...Rick

----------------

On 12/21/2003 9:28:09 AM greg928s4 wrote:

"Jim, there must be some spirited audio system competition in your family!"

----------------

Almost to the point where I wish they didn't have an interest in audio! When my middle bro bought his JoLida JD 202a EL34-based integrated amp, all of a sudden he had the best system in the house and all our other systems sucked! My youngest bro accused me of "Mac-envy" when I bought my massive MC7200 (he was the first McIntosh buyer in our family with his MC250, and the rest of us were copycats when my other bro bought a MC2100 and later an MC250, and when I bought my present MC250). Of course, my Cornwalls are too old fashioned for any of them (they're not horn fans; just my dad and I. They've owned what they claim are "far superior" loudspeakers from Magnepan, Triangle, Tannoy, Acoustic Research, Acoustic Energy, Bose, Polk Audio, and Infinity). But overall we can all agree that our systems sound great for what they are, and they're all impressed with my new tube preamp. When my new BEZ 300B SE amp arrives in about a month, I think they'll all be quite jealous, but they'll never admit to it!16.gif

Hi Greg!I know exactly what you feel.I used to listen my music(primarily progrock,prog or power metal)through Paradigms(SE 11MKII)until I bought myself a pair of forte II's.What a difference-I'm not saying Paradigms are bad speakers,but to me there is no comparison.I would like to share my joy with some "freaks" like me (especially interested in my kind of music),but I guess we are very rear breed.I'm living in Toronto suburbs and have friends here but nobody have even an idea what Klipsch is.They can listen to any music from any crappy box,that can be bought in a dollar store,and are perfectly happy(most of the time they don't listen to anything except their wives nagging).When I got myself pair of Forte's I'm discovering my music all over again,and -like you-feeling like screaming to the world what kind of speakers they are-but there is nobody listening.This forum is a great place to talk to the "freaks" like me and I'm really enjoing it.Anybody from Toronto area- reveal yourself,it's more fun together(if you speak polish-even more).Greg:what kind of music do you listen to and where are you from?My email:uscin@sympatico.ca.

Mains: Forte II

Center and rears:Paradigms (leftovers from my previous

system-will be replaced)

Yamaha's: RX-V1300

CDC-625

KX-R730

RX V850 (for sale)

EQ 70 (for sale)

Paradigm Performance Series SE 11 MKII (for sale)

Phillips DVD 623(PAL compatible)

Motorola and JVC satellite receivers

Hitachi 55UX58B

Panasonic PV-9664

Here is my theory on people and music appreciation:

I am a college student and have always loved listening to, and playing music, but my impression is that most people who claim to love music, love it for the wrong reasons. They like a certain song or group because is trendy or popular, or because they can dance to it at a club. If they like older stuff, like classic jazz, for example, they like it because it is "cool" to like it. Or else they enjoy music in the background, as something to set the mood and break up boring silence, but not as something to be listened to very intently, and therefore not to be played at volumes that force you to concentrate on it intently. Few people appreciate the details of what music actaully sounds like. A person who doesn't care what a piece of music sounds like will have little interest in the equipment that is reproducing it. The only way my new RB-75's have impressed any of my friends is by how loud they can go, and, perhaps surprisingly, by how much bass they can produce - for people used to listening to everything on cheesy computer speakers, headphones, or boomboxes, the RB-75's must sound like they have a built in subwoofer - lets see what they think when I get my PB2+ :) But they just like loud and bass - it makes for a good party - they don't care about the details.

I don't want to come off as a snob here - while I think what I say is accurate, I don't have a problem with it. I realize that if one of them loves, say, collecting stamps, I would probably react in the same clueless way when they show me their most rare and prized acquisition. To each his own I say.

James