LOTR question for all of you...

tpg

OK, this has been bothering me... I just watched FOTR today and am probably gonna watch Two Towers here in a while, but ok... In FOTR, Boromir dies... he gets shot 3 times with arrows by Orc... correct? And they set him afloat in a canoe with his sword and he goes over the waterfall. Correct? I keep asking if I am correct because I may have the wrong person... OK... So if he dies... how the heck does he come back in the 2nd and 3rd movies? Hopefully someone can enlighten me here...

----------------

On 12/26/2003 7:11:10 PM tpg wrote:

OK, this has been bothering me... I just watched FOTR today and am probably gonna watch Two Towers here in a while, but ok... In FOTR, Boromir dies... he gets shot 3 times with arrows by Orc... correct? And they set him afloat in a canoe with his sword and he goes over the waterfall. Correct? I keep asking if I am correct because I may have the wrong person... OK... So if he dies... how the heck does he come back in the 2nd and 3rd movies? Hopefully someone can enlighten me here...

----------------

I just watched Return of the King last night and I thought it was an awesome movie. I actually didn't like FOTR that much, I thought it was kind of slow. I really like TTT but I think the third part is the best. It's kind of funny because usually I find myself liking 2nd and 3rd parts less and less.

Umm...he died and he doesn't come back. Where did you get that he comes back?

OK, here's the deal with Boromir:

Yes, the boat in which his body was laid goes over the Falls of Rauros... this is an Elven boat (magical properties and all that), and it stays afloat, his body intact. Faramir sees it pass by (the Anduin river passes by Ithilien, the forest where Captain Faramir and his contigency of the Gondorian Army are stationed).

We see this scene in a flashback in The Two Towers Extended Edition, along with a flash-farther-back to a scene in Osgiliath from before the time Boromir goes to Rivendell to take Council with Elrond and the others. In this flashback scene in Osgiliath, Boromir addresses the troops that he had just led in reclaiming the city back from Sauron's forces. This scene sets up some of the dynamic between the two brothers (and mOOn, there are only two, not three), and their father, Denethor (the Steward of Gondor).

Boromir is again mentioned in The Return of the King, when Gandalf and Pippin first meet with Denethor. There is a very quick flash of Boromir as Pippin is recalling his death to Denethor. This is why Sean Bean receives a credit in Return of the King.

Whew.

BTW, I saw ROTK for a second time today, and cried more than I did the first time. This film has sky-rocketed to a place near, if not at, the front of my list of all-time favorites. I hope it makes Titanic kneel before it in shame at the box-office; but it probably won't (it won't have the legion of swooning female fans dragging their dates and friends to see it nine times; also not enough foul language or screwing to attract enough modern leeches who love that stuff).

There is no third brother.

Sean Bean (Boromir) may have credits in the other movies, but in the case of TTT he doesn't show up in the theatrical release. You see him and Faramir and their father Denethor in a flashback in the Extended DVD of TTT, which goes a long way to explaining Faramir's actions.

----------------

On 12/26/2003 10:26:06 PM chuckears wrote:

BTW, I saw ROTK for a second time today, and cried more than I did the first time. This film has sky-rocketed to a place near, if not at, the front of my list of all-time favorites. I hope it makes Titanic kneel before it in shame at the box-office; but it probably won't (it won't have the legion of swooning female fans dragging their dates and friends to see it nine times; also not enough foul language or screwing to attract enough modern leeches who love that stuff).

----------------

Yeah, I'd like to see that too. But titanic was justa ****ing beast at the box office. For petes sake, it was number 1 for 13-14 straight weeks and ranked in nearly 2 billion dollars worldwide and won like what was it 9 Grammy awards...wtf...thats insane!!!!

And I don't even like Titanic... I think they coulda sank the darned boat in less than half an hour, but no... it had to take what... 1.5 hours? gah I just about went insane...

Anyway... I hadn't seen Two Towers in a year until today... and Boromir doesn't show up as you all said. Oops... heh Sry

Awesome movie though... I gotta replay both LOTR for my gf (when she gets back 15.gif ) before we go to see the third at the theater.

Hmmm... my advice to all enlightened movie buffs regarding this post:

Don't feed the Troll.

----------------

On 12/28/2003 1:33:20 AM minn_male42 wrote:

wow...an amazing amount of bandwith and replies for a total waste of time movie(s)....

oooohhhhh....big expanses of new zealand.... what am watching?...national geographic.....

----------------