some body just T-boned my sister's car!!!!

batibot

There are times when off-topic threads are OK. They probably should go to general questions but sometimes we reach the folks we tend to socialize with more within a certain forum. I'm as guilty as anyone with this and I usually post in 2-channel which is where most of my forum-friends hang out.

There is no need to start a flame here. I'm glad eveyone's OK. I don't know about your state laws, but here in MD you'd be covered. Her insurance co. has laywers to handle these matters and will cover her losses. Just make sure she checks the classifieds along with bluebook and used car dealers to come up with a fair replacement cost. Most insurance companies will negotiate. Not everyone knows this and not every company will do it but it can't hurt. We got an extra $1500 a few years back by faxing the weekend classified section to our insurance co.

Good luck.

" you can just say "batibot, it would be better if you'll post this to gen. disc. forum... the ? properly."

You know what. I could have done that, but if I had, noone would have listened to me, and it would have accomplished nothing. I know, I've tried it quite a bit. I figured this time, I would be a bit of a bastard, and see if I could get people to realize that off-topic posts are the killer of forums like these.

In reality, as I've said before, I don't mind all offtopic posts as much. People need to consider before posting who their audience is. This post is in no way news to anyone else on this site. Some offtopic posts are atleast news worthy, (i.e "This important news items just happened in case you arent watching tv", or "I have no power, so I won't be posting") Those threads atleast were news worthy to people on this board. When Gary had no power, was it offtopic? Sure, but, would people have begun to wonder where he was if he didn't post for 3-4 days, most likely.

So, it isn't always about being ontopic to the Nth degree, but if you aren't ontopic, you need to determine if it will be news to anyone on this site.

And ofcourse, another pet peeve of mine, is the solicitation of information from improper sources. Don't post to the Klipsch forum with your:

legal,medical,computer,car etc etc questions. You know what? There are some members of this forum who could answer each of those questions with authority. But, whenever you solicit advice like that from strangers, you are going to get bad answers. You need someone who is actually trained in the subject matter, and then who actually knows the facts in your case. Otherwise you are just wasting your time. On a side note, I am in one of the four professions listed above that commonly get questions like these on forums, and I can tell you for a fact that 90% of the responses people get are dead wrong. I used to interject and correct people, but usually just got into flame wars with teenagers about how wrong *I* was. Needless to say I've given up on that.

i am with skeptic on this. off topic posts belong in the general questions area...

maybe the klipsch webmaster could make a forum called "OFF TOPIC" as i have noticed a bunch of off topic discussions popping up--not that they are useless but i just wish that there was a specific place for ot chit-chat.

perhaps if you agree, drop the webmaster a note on the website forum.

heading there now...9.gif

I gotta go with Skeptic on this one. I thought his comeback about the speakers was both funny and appropriate. It lightened up on a serious situation a bit. It should not have been taken seriously at all, because it wasn't intended to be serious, or hurtful or anything other than what it was. This forum doesn't have a real moderator so things tend to get a bit off topic at times. There are many other forums that are more strictly run. I know of at least two Ht related forums where the moderator would have relocated this type of post to a general area.

...Just my two cents worth

----------------

On 12/30/2003 2:22:27 PM skeptic wrote:

...My mom swallowed a marble, what will happen?...

----------------

WOW, I don't know what will happen but a friend of my brother's little cousin ate a box of crayons and crapped a rainbow! 2.gif

Yah, glad to hear that the sis is ok, car accidents are NEVER fun, man the time it takes to get anything done to get back to where you were is a real waste of effort, time out of your life not to mention money spent to get things in order, I drive as cautious as I can, even a small fender bender can put you back several days worth of time! 8.gif

G2

Batibot - Sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she's doing well.

As far as off topic threads go, I think Skeptic needs to lighten up a little. If you see a thread is as obviously off topic as this one, you are not required to read it are you? Jeez, you probably pull off the road and yell at billboards too. (Assuming you're old enough to drive)

The Klipsch boards seem to have more of a sense of community than most others I have participated in and that for most of us is a good thing. There are far fewer off topic threads in places like the Asylum and you might like it better there.

Compassion might be a good New Year's resolution for some. -Jim